Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

Well, I don't think you could reasonably say it has inhibited driver performance in 2012, Cookinflatsix. Their problems this year have not come from driver error so much as operational crises and a difficulty for Button to find a correct technical setup.

I don't think Hamilton was mismanaged by McLaren last year, either, I think he had his own 'issues'.

^^^He's got a real cushy job that bloke at the Guardian. You get paid a lot just for writing a couple of moderately amusing lines about the week's sporting stories. Nice work if you can get it. 8-)

579530_10151692180590134_656265133_23954341_607442462_n.webp

Hmmm, Santander. How ironic.

I guess they can only benefit with the extra attention that was put on events this weekend, to be honest, it was only really McLaren who lost out with anything.

Me writing on the sign with a marker pen.

No - I think he means the damage the pole position scandal has done to Santanders image

Just watched the 2007 F1 season review. Still breaks my heart Lewis didn't win that title. The way it slipped through his fingers was quite extraordinary. Truly was a brilliant season though, in spite of the end. Lewis coming in and shaking up the established order. In 20 years time it will make a brilliant film.

Cookinflatsix
Marketability is NOT the same thing as winning-ness.. (Although I don't think that's really a word!)

Just look at Ferrari in the 1990s. The 1993 Ferrari had the biggest Marlboro presence we have ever seen on a Ferrari, yet it was the season following one of the worst! Clearly, associating with a team with high recognition is the most important thing. Santander maintain their relationship with McLaren as they are the "British team", as the British market is very important to Santander.

racecub, always best to be a 'generalist' when comparing drivers, principals and teams. Have your favourites and hold them dear, but know what else is or has happened.
Thats very good advice Jen, but it comes too late, unfortunately I have Lewis Hamilton in my blood....and its EXHAUSTING! Im almost glad im missing the monaco GP so that I'll be distancd from any drama surrounding him. By the time I get to see it I'll have calmed down.

According to the Swiss tabloid newspaper Blick, they claim that McLaren want to half Hamilton's salary to about EUR 10 million.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mclaren-wants-to-halve-hamilton-s-salary-report/?v=2&s=1&i=5

Whereas the Telegraph are claiming that McLaren want to increase his salary to £20 million, buthe might accept a lower salary if his contract allows greater freedom "to promote his own brands or pursue his own projects."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mo...-offer-Lewis-Hamilton-a-new-20m-contract.html

Sky are reporting £20m per year worth a total of £100m.

I expect there will be lots of rumours before and even after he has signed.

If he signs.

Back
Top Bottom