Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

Lewis has questioned his pitstops and there has been an inquest at McLaren. On looking at them all Lewis says they are not good enough. McLaren have said they will try to improve it. So Lewis is asking questions. Good. Lets hope we do see an improvement this week!

ive just read lewis was forced to do a gear change,is this correct?

Apparently Mclaren were suprised he was able to get the car to the finish line in Malaysia, so it was inevitable that a gear box change was on the cards..
LH did a brilliant job today, considering he was out in a lot of traffic from his pit stops.....having to pass Maldanado:o................. & Massa:o

A good save from Hamilton today; he kept his head down, stayed calm, looked after his tyres and got the best result he could, considering where he started from.

Who knows where he would have finished without his grid penalty...

2nd at the very least, in my opinion.

But was also mostly in clear air, Hamilton had a lot of traffic managed to clear them and stay competitive, I can only remember Rosberg overtaking Massa with super DRS

Who knows? Without the grid-drop Lewis may have been more aggressive in quali and got pole.

It can certainly be said that, despite the grid drop, Lewis pulled out a great result today. He is now leading the championship after finishing all races on the bottom step of the podium, proving that consistency is the ultimate winner providing that you are consistently good.

The races leading up to LHs contract negotiations are going to be very interesting to watch to see if there is any truth in the previous rumours that LH might be on his way out of the team.

McLaren have secured one top driver for the foreseable future and Mercedes are now a serious consideration for LH together with RBR.

Apparently LH is currently the 4th most bankeable sports star in the world behind only Usain Bolt, Messi and Ronaldo and ahead of Beckham or any other Brit.. He has a heavy hitter on his side to orchestrate his contract for the next few years and I can not see how any team with a need for commercial success can not be holding on for his decision.

So McLaren, RBR and Merc will be IMO all waiting to see what happens over the next few races.

Norbert, Nico and Lewis seemed to look very comfortable with each other on the podium and compared to last year LH seems totally at peace with himself and the team despite getting let down 3 times so far this season

I think he is leaving for a big money deal including image rights and the whole shebang. All he has to do is keep his head down and finish on the podium without any big mistakes

I may already have said this, im not sure. Lewis was asked at one of the races. 'Now that the McLaren is a fast car will you be signing for next year?' His reply was. 'Its not just about the car, its about the whole package.'
As Cook says, Lewis' job is to keep his head down and bang in the results. The world championship would be the icing on the cake.
Rosberg. Hamilton, Haug and Brawn. with Michael advising. Now that DOES sound like a dread team!!!

As a McLaren fan, I hope he doesn't go anywhere. Merc would seem like the most viable option were he to leave, I don't believe Red Bull are a serious option. I'm unsure how much I would read into the celebrations with Haug and Rosberg, obviously he will have worked closely with Haug at McLaren and having driven Merc-powered cars in F3, and Rosberg was his team-mate in Karts and they've always got on well. The one problem with leaving McLaren to join a team like Merc is you have to wonder what would happen to a factory team like Merc if another recession hit and Stuttgart decide they can't justify the cost of an F1 team. Depends on where they go after the win at the weekend I suppose. I think the most sensible option, both in terms of money and in terms of long-term stability and ability to contend at the front, is to stay at McLaren. However his immediate concern should be making sure he makes the most of the car McLaren have given him and Button this season. Do that, and he can put himself on the front foot with regards to contract negotiations.

He would be foolish to sign anything at this stage in the season. Button waited till the end of the year and was flirting with Red Bull and Ferrari. All part of the contract game. Great to see Lewis happier though!

Back
Top Bottom