Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

Your definition of Fan is obviously different to mine, which is fair, for me Fan (fanatic) supports a sportsman through thick or thin and he/shes source of layalty rises from the sporting ability and general demeanour and character.

Say you have a 3 year old daughter who loses the plot one day and throws her expensive touch screen child educational pc/toy and smashes it, you dont hold this act against her for ever. You remain faithful to her general character, the fact that she remains your child and the knowledge that humans are fallible and will all make mistakes

Take Tiger Woods, cheats on his wife, this is possibly worse than calling someone a monkey or an idiot, loses sponsors, withdraws from the game for a while, comes back and struggles hard to regain the form and support he had. Even he has retained and regained supporters by dint of his skills on the field.

So a sulky face is almost irrelevant in the scheme of things wrt true fans, the only worry is what that might have done to his already 'special' image with the stewards

So going back to the analogy of the child, you would still love her and support her but will have concluded that she was more of a dick (insert insult) and that was that?
I don't have children. I'll deal with that when I come to it, but I can imagine myself at some point in the future saying something along the lines of: "Why did you go and do a stupid thing like that, you dick? Son, you've got a lot of making up to do to prove you are not a dick. There are better things to be."

Mod Comment - this is running off topic so please no more comments in the same vein otherwise they will be deleted.

Thanks

FB

These clutches are pretty integrated with the gearboxes nowadays, especially electronic multiple parallel clutches

A small clutch issue plus a broken gearbox could be related, only Mclaren will know the truth

Yeah well, they’re just guesses, you’re putting 1 and 1 together and getting 42 (answer to everything).

The ‘small issue’ in Oz could have simply been a less than optimal clutch slip setting and the gearbox problem could be excessive metal fragments in the gearbox oil after analysis from the last race, or a tightening bearing after air freighting the cars.

Point is, they’re just guesses.

Anyway, it might put Hamilton in an attacking spirit for the race rather than a defending one starting from pole. Don’t count him out for the win just yet.

Yeah well, they’re just guesses, you’re putting 1 and 1 together and getting 42 (answer to everything).
The ‘small issue’ in Oz could have simply been a less than optimal clutch slip setting and the gearbox problem could be excessive metal fragments in the gearbox oil after analysis from the last race, or a tightening bearing after air freighting the cars.

Point is, they’re just guesses.
Anyway, it might put Hamilton in an attacking spirit for the race rather than a defending one starting from pole. Don’t count him out for the win just yet.

Well the race hasnt started yet, and the only event so far providing avenues for guessing or speculative debate is the gearbox issue. I also think that 6th is not the end of the world, although this is the third race so far and each time LH is likely to find himself behind JB on track early doors for the third time due to reasons beyond his control.

lets hope his attacking spirit can transcend these constant happenings, last year he got a bit despondent of constant penalties and obstacles placed in his path and lost focus

Lets hope he has learnt to remain focussed, smiling, grinning, dancing and happy even if something happens to him race after race this year

28.6 For the purposes of this Article only, an Event will be deemed to comprise P3, the qualifying practice session and the race.
a) Each driver may use no more than one gearbox for four consecutive Events in which his team competes. Should a driver use a replacement gearbox he will drop five places on the starting grid at that Event and an additional five places each time a further gearbox is use
Any replacement gearbox must be fitted with the same gear ratios that were declared under d) below and will only be required to complete the remainder of the Event in question. Any change to the gear ratios declared under d) below will incur a further five grid place penalty. In either case a new four race sequence may start at the following Event.
Unless the driver fails to finish the race (see below) the gearbox fitted to the car at the end of the Event must remain in it for three further Events. Any driver who failed to finish the race at the first, second or third of the four Events for reasons which the technical delegate accepts as being beyond the control of the team or driver, may start the following Event with a different gearbox without a penalty being incurred.

Lewis Hamilton fastest in speed trap
photo

Back
Top Bottom