Single question quiz - winner poses the next question

Renault? Schessler possibley, I don't recognise him.
Enter wiki
Was the model the RE70 (based on numbers going 10 per year)

As Sportsman hasn't been around for a while I had a look and Fenderman is right, it's Eric Comas in the DAMS GD-01.

Thanks FB. Sorry, I forgot about this thread!

So, here's a relatively easy two part question ... but I'm looking for a three part answer!

Q: In 1922 the first motor race was to inaugurate the Circuit National de Francorchamps Spa, Belgium. What actually happened and why?

A protest because of danger? Thats a guess!
Nice try, Jos and a good suggestion even though it's wide of the mark.:)

Wouldn't be a hope in Hades for a circuit like Spa to be created nowadays for the very reason you suggest. Considering the great races and tracks that existed for the first half of the 20th century, I'm not sure "danger" ever entered the heads of the early motor sport pioneers. Thankfully it seems to be harder for the "powers that be" to get rid of them than to stop them being built in the first place. Of course, when I say that, I'm thinking of what we're left with - the modern 'Spa', the Nordschliffe, Isle of Man TT course, etc. Not likely to see tracks like that built ever again!

Was it a bike race because the drivers forgot?

And we need more tracks like it and I always thought turkey was trying to be like spa for some reason, it just felt like it

Right. First things first, you're getting very, very, seriously warm now Jos. ...

... but I owe readers an apology. Tooncheese has kindly informed me of a rather significant error in my question! Please note that the year in question (excuse the pun) was 1921 not 1922! Sorry!

As I couldn't edit my original post to correct my error here is the question posed again with the correct date:

Q: In 1921 the first motor race scheduled for the new track was intended to inaugurate the Circuit National de Francorchamps Spa, Belgium. What actually happened and why?

p.s. You'd better hurry, Jos is nearly there!!:D

Again, apologies for my error.:givemestrength:

Edit: Slightly rephrased having spotted another technical error in the way I posed the question. So far it seems peep's knew what I meant, though. No harm done, I hope.:embarrassed:

I had to search for the answer so I shall keep my tinder dry until the next question.
Always knew you were a man of honour, FB!

must resist google! i know its a bike race but why? No drivers? No cars? financial?
I'd love to tell you which part of your answer is right but that would be spoiling the fun. Suffice it to say that one part is wholly right, another part is nearly right but another part is wrong! No more clues ... at least for a while!:);)

Back
Top Bottom