Single question quiz - winner poses the next question

Is it that Berger and Benetton both won their first Grand Prix in Mexico in 1986, and both won their last Grand Prix in Germany in 1997?

Not what I looking for.Bit simpler than that.There is a slight clue in Fendermans pit stop answer.

I have to sign off.The answer I was looking for was that only the first three cars were on the lead lap.They had lapped the entire field.

There have been a few cases of that happening historically, special mention goes to the 1995 Australian Grand Prix.

These are the finishers:

CTA.jpg

Damon 2 laps clear!

Remarkable achievement in 1995.The great Williams versus Benetton battle.
Thanks Fenderman.I am not usually interested in quizzes but this piqued my interest.
Good fun :cheers:

Obviously, both Benettons had retired, and Williams' second driver David Coulthard ridiculously crashed on the pit in! I wonder if there has ever been anyone else classified as high as 8th when five whole laps down?

Remarkable achievement in 1995.The great Williams versus Benetton battle.
Thanks Fenderman.I am not usually interested in quizzes but this piqued my interest.
Good fun :cheers:
Ooh, no, thank cider_and_toast who kicked it all off with his rather mind challenging poser. Had me surfing Utube like never before!:thumbsup:

Okay, let's kick you off with an easy one. James Hunt won the World Championship at a soggy Fuji track in 1976 finishing 5th. Who won the race?

I know this one... Monaco '02?

I think this was the year that he had a hydraulic failure and, with the 2 way telemetery they were allowed at the time, McLaren diagnosed the problem and diverted the oil supply, mid race!

Woohoo!

James Hunt took his maiden F1 victory at Zandvoort in '75, but what clever move was it that allowed him to take the fight to the Ferrari of Lauda and ultimately, hold him off to claim the prize?

That was a teaser.I refuse to Google these races as that spoils the quiz.Something about an early tyre change from memory.Was this a wet dry race?:thinking:

Spot on Sportsman. your go...

After a total downpour in the morning, the race was delayed. Hunt was early onto slicks and managed on the drying track, taking the lead by lap 15. Lauda spent the last twenty laps chasing in a close second, but this time Hunt wasn't going to be pressured into a mistake, and won by just over 1 second.

Back
Top Bottom