Single question quiz - winner poses the next question

Some of the workings are getting very close, but as yet, no one has guessed the correct driver.

So here’s a clue… Mansel has done it twice, the others, including the missing driver, once.

I'm not 100% sure about this and I could be really really wrong, buuuut: World Champions who terminated (or were fired) their contract before it was supposed to end? So: Alonso?

that could be right Josh but Raikkonens contract was terminated before it ended and he was a world champion I am sure there are one or two others :s

Ok, a clue that should more or less give it away, its got something to do with the 3 times world champions and the seasons they all won that 3rd championship.

Three times champions. That is Brabham (1966), Stewart (1973), Lauda (1984), Piquet (1987) and Senna (1991)

The runners-up in the last 4 were Fittipaldi, Prost, Mansell and Mansell.

Therefore it was John Surtees, no?

Three times champions. That is Brabham (1966), Stewart (1973), Lauda (1984), Piquet (1987) and Senna (1991)

The runners-up in the last 4 were Fittipaldi, Prost, Mansell and Mansell.

Therefore it was John Surtees, no?
Correct buddy, They were all runner up to the 3 times world champions when those drivers won their 3rd and final titles.

3 time WDC, Year, Runner up
Jack Brabham, 1966, John Surtees
Jackie Stewart, 1973, Emerson Fittipaldi
Niki Lauda, 1984, Alain Prost
Nelson Piquet, 1987, Nigel Mansel
Ayrton Senna, 1991, Nigel Mansel

Had to give it away no-one was bothering lol, well done, over to you.

Back
Top Bottom