Single question quiz - winner poses the next question

Quick clarification, which Piquet?

Is there a Williams connection? Drivers who tested for them but made debuts for someone else?

You are having quite a day puzzling us all. The mirror image threw me on the circuit one and this time its the japanese pay drivers :)

Quick clarification, which Piquet?

Is there a Williams connection? Drivers who tested for them but made debuts for someone else?

You are having quite a day puzzling us all. The mirror image threw me on the circuit one and this time its the japanese pay drivers :)
Haha yeah thanks.

Ok an answer to your question on Piquet and a clue: Either! Nelson Piquet, Jr or Snr it doesn’t matter!

I mean this in the nicest possible way, but you are doing my head in :)

You clue would suggest that the sequence is more to do with the name(s) than anything else. There are not too many other things in common between Nelson (3 times world champion) and Nelson (3 times in q3?). Ide was famous for having his superlicense removed after causing Albers to crash. He is next to Prost... How many times have Ide and Prost been in the same sequence????

Then you go and throw a couple of midfielders like Panis, Patrese, Irvine and Heidfeld... Tell me is the order important in this sequence?

I mean this in the nicest possible way, but you are doing my head in :)

You clue would suggest that the sequence is more to do with the name(s) than anything else. There are not too many other things in common between Nelson (3 times world champion) and Nelson (3 times in q3?). Ide was famous for having his superlicense removed after causing Albers to crash. He is next to Prost... How many times have Ide and Prost been in the same sequence????

Then you go and throw a couple of midfielders like Panis, Patrese, Irvine and Heidfeld... Tell me is the order important in this sequence?
Maybe youre on to something jez!

I am stuck in a Vortex!
:s

I am onto something with names, yes?

Is the order of the sequence important?

Got it! You sneaky so and so...! ;)

The answer is any one of a number, including... Alberto Ascari, Andrea de Cesaris, Anthony Davidson, Alan Jones, Ayrton Senna...

haha, hey jez, how did you get all those drivers? it is only one driver.
but yes youre onto something with the names and the order is important.
hmm, i was going to give clues that would more or less give it away today but i think jez is about to figure it out, he is ohhh so close.

I can't just tell you, tby. I want you to feel that same sense of satisfaction that I feel right now :)

The sequence listed

Alain Prost
Yuji Ide
Riccardo Patrese
Takuma Sato
Olivier Panis
Nigel Mansell
Shinji Nakano
Eddie Irvine
Nick Heidfeld
Nelson Piquet
Ayrton Senna

...could just have easily been

Ayrton Senna
Yannick Dalmas
Robert Kubica
Timo Glock
Olivier Beretta
Nico Rosberg
Sebastian Vettel
Elio de Angelis
Nino Faria
Norberto Fontana
Ayrton Senna

If you get it, you can do the next question because if I do, it will probably be some statistical dead end that will kill the thread, or be such a stupidly easy question you would wonder why I bothered!

If you get it, you can do the next question because if I do, it will probably be some statistical dead end that will kill the thread, or be such a stupidly easy question you would wonder why I bothered!

Thanks!

Right, here's another sequence of drivers:
  • Morbidelli
  • Herbert
  • Wurz
  • Diniz
  • Diniz
  • Zonta
  • Panis
  • Panis
  • __________
  • Panis
  • Villeneuve
  • Webber
  • Vettel
  • Barrichello
  • Kubica
  • Hulkenburg
I suppose the mark is more for why, but who fits into this pattern?

Back
Top Bottom