Poll Should a qualifying lap in which all four tyres are off the race track be ignored?

Should a qualifying lap in which all four tyres are off the race track be ignored?

• yes, even if lap time is not gained

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • no, only if lap time is gained

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • no, cheating rules!

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • no, in wet conditions cars are allowed to go beyond the white line.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • yes and no (an random stewards inconstant approach)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The only reason we have these vast run off area's on these quick tracks are to give cars enough room to slow down before hitting a barrier.

They don't need to change the whole run-off area, just the 2 metres adjacent to the track edge.

Yes and that goes for the race as well I don't know if any of you noticed but Alonso was extending the curve between turns 13 and 14 in Hockenheim to get a better run onto the pit straight he did this for the whole race his line was something like this almost every lap all four wheels were off the circuit. (Excuse my not very steady hand, but it's difficult with a mouse.)

hockenheim_base.jpg

I always knew there was something I didn't like about the stadium section at Hockenheim. For some reason it seems more obvious now from the plain plan that Mephistopheles has so kindly posted. In designing the newer "short-cut" the draughtsman clearly thought, "Well if I have to **** up this circuit, take that!":D

Back
Top Bottom