Sebastian Vettel - Double World Champion

Anyone here think Vettel's speed-consistency combination over the past 12 months has played some sort of role in Hamilton's sub-par 2011?

I mean, has Vettel speed and consistency "gotten under" Hamilton's "skin" moreso than Alonso's or Button's?

If so, do we think it's an age thing given that Alonso and Button are about 5 years older (and more mature) than Hamilton?

Thoughts?

Not really. Sure a small part of Hamilton's poor season has been how good Vettel has been, but that's only because he has been consistently finishing in front of him, therefore lowering Hamilton's finishing position. To say Vettel has got under Hamilton's skin is rubbish.

Congratulations to Vettel for making it look easier than it already was going to be this year to win the World Drivers Championship. Also, a lot of respect to him for the humble and very eleoquent interviews too. A credit to his team and F1 as a whole by the way he conducts himself on camera and to the world's media given his relatively young age. Good stuff.

Gosh, look everyone, Seb's got a new celebration...

_55957419_013121436-1.jpg

oh.....I see......one finger for one world championship.....2 fingers for 2 championships! he's a clever little German isn't he?

Hasn't he nicked it though? didn't Alonso used to hold up his fingers after a win for the amount he'd won that season? was that in 2005?

You do know he got that off Hamilton don't you? Watch the 2008 F1 review dvd and you'll see that i'm right.

If, as Brogan says, its a ploy to mock his opponents, then its worthy of discussion. After that, its his because he uses it more than once...

I know its not originally his comment!

If, as Brogan says, its a ploy to mock his opponents, then its worthy of discussion. After that, its his because he uses it more than once...

Also "That's what i'm talkin' 'bout" was being used by baseball, NFL football and NBA basketball players and Rappers and Hip Hopers in North America a few years before Hamilton came into F1 in 2007.

Nothing that Vettel uses is 'original' per se'. It's taken from other sports and urban musicians like Kesha and the like.

The finger he uses was being used as far back as the 1970s in US College Football circles which, to this day, uses 'rankings' to determine who will play in the Big Game (matching up "Number 1 ranked" v "Number 2 ranked" in the designated National Championship game).

Back then players and university students would put out their index finger to celebrate being "Number 1" as per rankings and the like...and has been used in team sports in North America for decades.

I personally don't think it's mocking anyone. The guy is young and excited and happy-go-lucky (mostly).

Vettel, other than his driving skill, reminds me a little of the 'Eurovision Song Contest' - take everything that was popular from twenty-odd years ago and bring it back, in the hope that it will show how 'cool' you are. It's a 'continental' thing or am I being a tad harsh? :)

I like the last celebration LOL

There was a triumphant homecoming for double world champion Sebastian Vettel on Sunday as crowds lined the streets of Heppenheim. The celebrations for the 24-year-old included driving his Red Bull down the German country roads, a spot of Scalextric, Red Bull breakdancers and a guest appearance by David Coulthard.

Despite two championships, the Germans still prefer the square-headed Scot

Back
Top Bottom