Robert Kubica's Seat?

Who would you like to see get the Lotus Renault drive for 2011?

• Bruno Senna

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Romain Grosjean

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Nick Heidfeld

Votes: 18 51.4%
  • Someone else (not Luca Badoer)

Votes: 6 17.1%

• Total voters
To narrow down the poll a little

- BBC article

For my money:
1 Heidfeld is experienced, and could claim the greater track record of the 3. He has also at times matched Kubica before at BMW.
2 Senna has some level of commitment from the team, and is also a great PR stunt.
3 Liuzzi I can't see bringing much different from Heidfeld, just worse. I can only see him being picked if they decide Senna isn't the way forwards and also there are contractual problems in hiring Heidfeld.

I'm surprised no mention of Hulkenburg, but it would be a very sensitive issue to start talking about breaking other teams contracts - for that reason anyone currently in a team may also be on the list...
...so this possibly doesn't shed any light on the matter at all. Woops, sorry folks! :dunno:

Well, it's normal you find Boullier choices weird, because what the British press has been publishing is wrong. What really happened is that a journalist asked Boullier:

“Heidfeld, Liuzzi, Senna?”

And Boullier answers:

“All these names, yes, are on the list, obviously, but there are some others as well”

Here is the video with the interview (go to 1:00):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlUhcpFSKeU

Therefore you can not rule Hülkenberg, or Grosjean, or Klien or any other driver out.

If they are considering Liuzzi, then Badoer must be under consideration as well:whistle:. Or maybe Piquet Jnr
mad.gif
?

Your all wrong.According to all the Kimi fans he is driving it.He will drive the Lotus Renault in F1.
He will fulfil his WRC obligations as well.Appently Citroen who supply his rally cars don't mind as they said as its unclear what the Renault Lotus car actually is since no one can understand they don't care.The WRC organisation say as long as he fulfils his contract with then they don't care what he does in his spare time.
Red Bull his sponsors in WRC can't make head nor tail of it all and when asked said said "buggered if we know owt about it"
biggrin.gif

...Therefore you can not rule Hülkenberg, or Grosjean, or Klien or any other driver out.

Apparently, Anthony Davidson has ruled himself out of contention for the Renault seat. :disappointed:

"According to Mirror correspondent Byron Young on Twitter, Davidson said Kubica’s replacement this year has "big shoes to fill and must be a title contender".
Young said Davidson had therefore ruled "himself out of (contention for the) Renault Lotus drive having signed Peugeot Le Mans deal"."

Nextgen Auto.com webpage - Davidson says no to Kubica Seat

If I understand Lopez correctly they intend to have some sort of shoot out before they decide on replacement driver.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/89362
He also insisted the team is considering Nick Heidfeld and Tonio Liuzzi as possible replacements.
"Yes, there are no vetos: those two for sure are in the list of the drivers we are looking at now," he said.
He added: "We must wait for the Jerez tests now, and thankfully the Barcelona ones too, and see how the car is going, and how the driver - who will start the season and maybe ending it too - is doing. We don't know.
"There are drivers who have had good races, for example Nick Heidfeld. We all know that Nick is rather good, but we don't know what level he is in now, we don't know how he does with our car. Same goes for Vitantonio Liuzzi, same goes - I don't know -for Bruno Senna, who last year was in a team with a car that could do nothing.
"It's very difficult to say, because it's a combination between car and driver. With Robert, since we know him very well, we were sure we could do something this year. Without Robert we don't know. Should Robert not come back this season, I think we'll take the decision to go for a driver that can win... but we don't know yet."

It is actually quite alarming how little apparently exceptional talent there is to call on for a prime seat in F1!
Who is the next Kubica, Hamilton, Vettel, Rosberg? All of whom stood out from the crowd.
It would seem that after an exceptionally plentiful period the well is drying up.

Your all wrong.According to all the Kimi fans he is driving it.He will drive the Lotus Renault in F1.
He will fulfil his WRC obligations as well.Appently Citroen who supply his rally cars don't mind as they said as its unclear what the Renault Lotus car actually is since no one can understand they don't care.The WRC organisation say as long as he fulfils his contract with then they don't care what he does in his spare time.
Red Bull his sponsors in WRC can't make head nor tail of it all and when asked said said "buggered if we know owt about it":D

Kimi has hit back at fans that have suggested he will drive a "shitty Renault" as he delicately put it. "All i did was phone Bullier and beg to drive it" reports the Fin. He added, "in no way does this constitute my intent to return to formula 1 with a crap team that isn't Ferrari"

Its understood that Raikkonen is considering legal action against his fans for bringing his name into further disrepute and making completely unfounded comments on his utterly ice cool intentions.

Source - AngryFin.com

Apparently, Anthony Davidson has ruled himself out of contention for the Renault seat. :disappointed:

"According to Mirror correspondent Byron Young on Twitter, Davidson said Kubica’s replacement this year has "big shoes to fill and must be a title contender".
Young said Davidson had therefore ruled "himself out of (contention for the) Renault Lotus drive having signed Peugeot Le Mans deal"."

Nextgen Auto.com webpage - Davidson says no to Kubica Seat

Yeah, I'm surprised Davidstigon has even been mentioned. Massa? I'd love to see it!

I'm not going to even talk about Raikkonen!

Hei-di-Hei!

Thats quite a good idea.That way they will have an instant comparison on relative performance of all three in the same car.

Its interesting they say they will "give mileage" to Senna, and that Heidfeld is "a potential replacement for Robert Kubica".

Seems to me that Quick Nick is First Choice.

Its interesting they say they will "give mileage" to Senna, and that Heidfeld is "a potential replacement for Robert Kubica".

Seems to me that Quick Nick is First Choice.

I wondered about that too, it is odd. I wonder if it means Senna would have been involved in the test either way, such a Paffett is for Mclaren?

That said, I would have thought that whoever was the faster of the two would be the no.1 choice -regardless of why Senna was there in the first place.

Didn't they talk last season about giving an extra test in case of driver replacement from a safety perspective? Or did that not pan out?

Either way, I guess they are telling it like it is - Senna gets some miles in case Heidfeld doesn't work out or is also injured, and Heidfeld gets some seat time to learn the car. If these are the only two drivers they are trying out, I would say it is certain that Nick get's the drive.

Back
Top Bottom