Raikkonen to miss last 2 races

I do see your point and thats all fair enough.

I guess I'd rather my drivers not see F1 as a job. It is after all something that millions of people around the world would give their right arm to do not to mention the lifestyle that millions of people want to live and just like the 'hard done by' rock star it all comes across as a little whiney to me.

Poor old Kimi. How does he cope with people asking him questions as he steps off his multi-million personal jet to be chauffer driven to his 5 star hotel where he'll be fed a luxary meal and sleep in a giant king size bed with a super model before heading to the track in the morning to do something millions of people want to do. Not only that I hear he has nowhere to keep his tiaras, his 50's are too big for his wallet and his diamond shoes are too tight.

You are living millions of peoples dreams the least you can do is seem like you enjoy it and spend a couple of hours putting up with being asked stupid questions.

Maybe overstating it a little bit. Is it true that Kimi and the other top drivers make a lot of money? You bet. Is it still a job? You bet. They put in a lot of work beyond race weekends and ultimately if you signed a contact to be paid a certain amount and have not seen a dime of it, I can understand being upset. Doesn't matter if it's $15,000 or $15 million. If this were happening to any other driver on the grid i'd fully understand being upset.

But under the same token, there are people making $15,000 at Enstone and they have mortgages to pay, families to feed and lives to lead, which would be utterly destroyed should they not get paid. Raikkonen, meanwhile, is hardly a year of missed payments from the breadline.

If Enstone were to skip payments to some of the staffies, the normal working men and women whose bank statements do not have more noughts than Max Chilton's point scoring record, in favour of Raikkonen, it would be abhorrent.

Although, maybe since he's so important to F1, Raikkonen should be paid by Ecclestone, who has got all the money that Enstone should have but don't because this: http://cliptheapex.com/threads/cvc-and-the-fog-bleeding-f1-dry.6535/

I agree 100% with that statement. The people at Enstone deserve to paid first. You're right this whole situation highlights a bigger problem when it comes to spending and cash flow in F1 in general.

I've heard its Heikki because Lotus realise they need someone who can race well adn ascore points so they get another $10m dollars for 3rd in the constructors and no doubt that will go to the money Kimi's owed

Genii capital are the ones who have really shafted the whole team although Bouillier decides to take a view that there is not enough revenue to around the teams

Valsecchi must feel gutted now

Dull dull dull. Booo!

Reminds me when Renault drafted in Jacques Villneurve in 2004 to help them get second in the constructors only for him to score zero points in all the 3 races he was in.

More experience doesn't always equal quick to adapt and motivated.

Last edited:
Il_leone Genii capital are trying to shift the blame towards the team revenue allocation as well.

Gerard Lopez:
"Again and again I read these negative headlines," he said, "while no one seems to care that we decided to save a company and about 500 employees.

"Of course we know that Formula One is not a charitable organisation, but there are huge differences in how the teams are financially supported by Formula One.

"It is not about the other (top) teams managing to get more investment, but the fact that they simply get more money," argued Lopez.

"And not because they are better, but because they are apparently more important. We begin our 100 metre race at the 200 metre point," he added, "and still we make it to the podium."

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/lopez-admits-frustration-with-raikkonen-surgery/

Viscount a typical PR BS from Lopez - they have not really saved them - more like keeping them afloat

RasputinLives yeah Flavio's master stroke apparently use JV's anger towards BAR for forcing him out but it turned out he was no match for ALonso

Back
Top Bottom