Raikkonen to miss last 2 races

Is Kimi in it to win races? Comes accross more he's in it to get paid.

Would he take a pay cut to land a seat in a winning car? doubt it.

RasputinLives you got a point seeing how he did not get the Mclaren drive back in 2010 because he was holding out for money on the same wage packet as Hamilton being a world champion and would not drop his asking price which allowed Button to undercut him and steal the drive

Probably he did not get the Red Bull drive either because no doubt money was also a factor... it does seem if Ferrari did not offer him a drive he would have retired

Would you be amazed if Kimi was beating ALonso next season because not many people think that will happen because if it did - it could be Mclaren all over again

I think Ferrari is going to be interesting if for no other reason than Kimi's nobody's second fiddle. Of course he'll need to be as quick as Alonso for that to be an issue, but it could be entertaining.

Last edited:
Honestly, I think either Alonso or Raikkonen will leave Ferrari before 2015. They both want to be No.1. And that doesn't work if you want to win championships.

Mezzer

F1 Racing has an article on Kimi vs Alonso -

Kimi - does not care about the politics and simply turns up and drives

Alonso - wants everything geared towards him and if he does not he feels he is undermined and there is favouritism

Alonso should come out on top seeing he is the fastest and consistent driver over race distance and can drag an inferior car higher where as the same could not be said about Kimi
---------------

The boiling point will be if Alonso is not ahead of Kimi due to reliability or race incidents and then suddenly the " We" become " Me" in terms of sharing telemetry descending into the engineers who could not divulge set up information as freely... de ja vu Mclaren as it nearly broke the team

Of course the main thing is as to whether Ferrari can produce a competitive car next season, otherwise the debate will centre on who wins the battle for seventh or so. Which would kind of make all of the above a wee bit less pulsating to begin with...

And that's why he's raced the majority of the season despite being unpaid along with back problems.

Damn! That guys in it for the money.

Yes and what a wonderful job he's made of being enthusiastic and pushing his car to the limit for the pure glory of the sport in the current second best car on the grid. He's positively Robin Hood.

It may be suspiciously convenient but Kimi having a back op now is only the same as Andy Murray missing the ATP to be more ready for next year. After all Kimi wasn't really going anywhere with Lotus (literally in the last race!)
So has Lotus confirmed who's driving instead?
What a gift for the reserve driver.

Meh, no great loss. Everyone seem to think Kimi's lack of enthusiasm when being interviewed is cool, I think it makes him come across as a bit of an arse. It will be very interesting to see how the reserve driver gets on (Valsecchi?) as Grosjean has gone from strength to strength this year and will be a more than capable team leader next.

Clearly there is more to the story than what we're being told. It seems neither driver nor team come out of it particularly well and whatever the rights or wrong the image of both suffers, which is a shame because what they achieved together in the past two years is extremely positive overall. With a budget that is far inferior to the other big teams the have consistently been on even terms with them. Which is quite remarkable. But all that is being very quickly forgotten now.

I'd like to see Kobayashi in as a replacement. He showed what he can do in a car that he hadn't driven much in the 2009 Toyota. He's popular and is the best driver that comes to mind. I think he'd do the best job.

Kovalainen is another option, albeit safer bet. I do think he's had his chance in F1 now though.

I would also say Heidfeld might be an option if the team in question weren't Lotus.

I still think Valsecchi will get the nod however, what does it say about the team when you fast-track a driver in from outside, it would be incredibly demoralising for Valsecci and show that he was only ever a name in a position to Lotus.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom