Poll Out of Ten: 2015 British Grand Prix

How did you rate the British grand prix out of ten?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There is a huge leap from 2/3 to 8+.

For me it has to be a race with all its unpredictability - not a series of strategy calls for the cars that are robust enough to last the entire distance.

Is that OK?

If this was any other season, this race would solidly be in the 8/9s I feel, do people just want to hate this season?
Anyway, 9 because it was pretty great, drama all round and a fourway battle for the lead, when was the last time we saw one of those?! It even had rain to spice things up and an inspired call from Lewis and Seb, plus Nando scored points! Unfortunately Stevens had that spin though

9 from me, some great racing at the beginning, strategy in the middle, and rain in the end. Also my expectations were very low so I think that helped my rating out.

Enjoyed it for the first five laps alone. I was honestly more entertained with Alonso and Vettel last year and gutted the important changes were due to strategy and not on track.

Entertaining, unpredictable - yes
Racing - not masses
Bitter I wasn't able to go this year - yes hugely

Williams not winning - boooooo!
Hamilton winning - yay!!!!
British fans showing we're the best in the world by giving Rosberg a super reception at the after party - oh yes.
Vettel - wow.

Last edited:
Solid eight from me, probably would have been a nine if I had watched the whole race live. Unfortunately I had to leave, to go stand in a sodding car park with a sound level meter, just after Rosberg had overtaken Bottas and was gaining on Massa.

Anyway I enjoyed the whole race (I managed to get home without the result being revealed to me and watch it on the iplayer), with Williams giving us a surprise start, also thoroughly enjoyed Bottas Hamilton through the first few turns, the strategy calls and also the rain adding an element, I was not predicting a Ferrari on the podium after practice and quali, the downside obviously the Williams performance in the rain :(

Possible downside of some close racing at the front (at least for the first 36 laps) was we saw less of the end and midfield (that I remember) and that sometime gives us some entertainment.

Now a three week break :(

Maybe it's the booze talking, but seeing the score for this race that people give it, it kinda reflects how bad a state f1 is at the moment. Sure it had Williams leading for once in a long time, sure it had rain, but I was sure a Merc driver(Hamilton) was gonna win it. Maybe I just have Nostradamus skills when i watch f1?

Solid 5.

I watched the first 15 laps then I put it on fast forward because Williams would not tell Massa to let Bottas pass, I noticed it had started to rain so I put it on play again, after the rain stopped I put on fast forward until I noticed it had started to rain again and then I put it on fast forward until the last lap.

I'm not voting...

I'm really shocked by the scores on here today. As I was watching the race I was thinking to myself "The CTA guys are going to be loving this, there's a battle for the lead between FOUR cars (it did still have the two silver cars in it though so some will hate that). Oh my word, it's going to rain, just what everyone have been asking for all season. Excellent."

Then I come on here and it's all doom and gloom. Jeez, some of you just love to moan. Again, those are your opinions and you are entitled to them. I would love to see the race that would garner a unanimous 10 vote on here. You'd probably have passes for the lead on almost every lap. Mmmm, that sounds like an Indy Car race on an oval. Maybe there is hope for some of you yet.

Just an aside, the vote isn't that bad now that I look at it again. It's the comments that are what is shocking. I'm glad to see the majority of the votes are on the higher side.

Can't take a single point away from that GP. I haven't enjoyed much of this season so far, but that was absolutely top draw and deserves every one of the 10 points I gave it. :1st:

Last edited:
Best race of the season by far. I'd vote it a nine for all the excitement and unpredictability and heart in mouth stuff. But actually being there has notched it up to a ten. Which I Usually keep really reserved for two leading cars dicing it out. But I had SUCH a good time, I loved every minute.

As a GP it was almost reasonable, giving the problems of overtaking. However that rendering of the National Anthem at the start was in such bad taste, on the level of Star Spangled Banner by Beyonce and in the same awful accent. The British GP is not a cheap side show, so lets hope it is never repeated

I hope the National Anthem didn't affect you vote and score. The GP starts when the lights go out and finishes at the chequered flag, nothing that happens before or after has an affect on whether it was a good or bad GP.

I had to turn over immediately when she started singing. It wasn't totally unexpected - there's been a few murdered national anthems recently at different races. Australia always springs to mind for some reason.

Between that at the start of the race and Frankie Dettori baffingly being chosen to conduct the post race interviews it was a good job we had a good race. :D

Frankie Dettori a baffling choice? I see the logic: two sports of kings, horse racing and Formula 1, and the weight/volume of the horse relative to the size of the jockey is about the same as a driver and their car, and for both it's all about reading the horse/car, and the other competitors around you, and making snap decisions with quick but smooth reactions. If any athlete in another sport could understand a racing driver, jockeys would have to be the most likely. :)

At least he's something to do with sport, as opposed to some idiot actor or showbiz daftie with nothing relevant to say or do other than just pout at the camera and make themselves seen.

If I had my way the only people it's appropriate do the podium interviews for would be ex-drivers. Anyone else is just irritating and irrelevant.

I admit what I know about Horse Racing you can write on the back of a crisp packet with a six inch paint brush however, how well known is Frankie Dettori outside of the UK? I would imagine most people would have gone, who ??

Well, for starters, I'd imagine a lot of horse-racing folks will know who he is, he's kind of a big deal ;) Beyond that, if I were to take a guess, I'd say some Italians would know who he is, and a lot of the rich oil-men in the Middle East will know who he is because of their horse-racing connection. He's also the face of Jockey brand yoghurt, which is sold throughout Europe, so some might recognize him from that.

Back
Top Bottom