Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Okay gave an 8, okay it's the lowest score of all that have voted, sorry I couldn't give a 9 cause Lewis didnt win, Hollywood from the PitLane & 10 if Nico had thrown his toys out of his cot, no Tantrums for a 10.

But a realy good race with everything else. Call me Harsh.

I don't understand some of you people. How does a Lewis win make the actual race better? Sure, it makes the result better in your opinion, but not the actual on track action.
I shouldn't have said I didn't give it a 9 or 10 because Lewis didn't win, I should have reworded it to say the bloke who started in the pit lane didn't win. It was more the difficult task of achieving this, also his over take on turn 4, increased my score by another point.

If one is entirely objective about it you could tell that it is impossible for a human to be objective about an F1 race. We are by our very nature entombed in subjectivity.

--------------------------
We all know that. But the whole point of these threads is to actually TRY and be subjective.
Otherwise there's no point to it whatsoever.

I misread your post initially Incubus and thought you said the point was to try and be objective. Of course this thread would make no sense if everyone was trying to be objective because it's an opinion poll, and opinions are subjective.

ATL11 I totally understand what you are saying about seeing such an impressive feat be accomplished. I think it was impressive enough just to see him drive through the field like that (or not really see it because of the shit TV directing) but that's just me. But my post wasn't really referring to you specifically, quite a few people on here let fandom alone influence votes. Thanks for clarifying though, you made a very good point.

As for a Max Chilton win, how could you not give it a ten! Just imagine what kind of race it would have to be for him to pull that off! And the suspense in the final few laps as a Chilton-driven Marussia approaches victory! That would be a twelve!

A Max Chilton win would be a 10....

Maybe this did deserve 10 too but as I only saw the highlights (I spent most of the day in hospital) the suspense was missing for me....Live it probably was a 10....

Solid 10, all the required elements were there:

- Wheel to wheel action
- Overtaking, including a key one for P2 and then for P1
- Safety cars shuffling the order (but with no injuries)
- Multiple leaders
- Hectic weather
- The best drivers getting to the top and the not so good ... well, crashing

That race was a 10 for me. You had the drama of Lewis starting on pit lane and having to race to the front, you had the drama of starting in the wet but not in full wet and what tires to use, when to switch to dry tires and whether or not the rain was coming again.
You had epic crashes and great, tight racing at the end with a variety of different brands fighting it out. All in all, great race. Quite possibly the best race thus far this year.

Had I been there it might well have been a 10, but due to the fact that we had booked the grandchildren for a short break at the beginning of this week it was not practical to drive back from Budapest in time for a 10:30 start on Monday morning. So the best it could hope for is 9, but only because Rosberg being screwed by the safety car timing stopped it being a drive in the park.

Back
Top Bottom