Poll Out of Ten - 2014 Bahrain Grand Prix

2014 Bahrain Grand Prix Out of Ten

• Total voters
Barring a huge late income of naysayers, it will be by far the highest score since I've started tallying up everything for CTA Race of the Year (so since last year...).

And all without gethinceri.

I'm sorry that the repugnant State has produced the best race so far. It truly was an F1 race fit for kings, albeit in the wrong place.

On the bright side, peeps are understanding why they love F1 and have stuck with it for so long!!

'Toadie' smiley, 'arse' smiley, 'miss you' smiley, team mate!

Lol FB what's this daily negative routine. I think it's been more decent than anything we’ve had for the past 4years. I can’t remember the last time I saw two drivers from the same team where the performance differential is marginal go at it hammer and tongs for so long. From what we’ve seen in the past, Redbull and Ferrari definitely would’ve called it off.

Anyway still no sign of Sutil after the race. I wonder whether he went for an early shower or straight to the disco.

Last edited:
If this race isn't a 10 I don't know what is.
If it hadnt been the Mercedes show, it could have been a 10. If you had one of the Red Bull or Force India cars challenging for the win, it has the potential to be a 10.
When the Mercs are head and shoulders better than everyone else and they can gap the 3rd place car by 20 seconds, it hurts the quality of the race, unless youre a Merc fan.

That presupposes that the enjoyment of the whole race is based on a genuine multi-team challenge for the win. That hasn't particularly occurred for the last several seasons, the RB was in a class of its own for the vast majority of that period, just now it's Merc's turn, before it has been RB, Ferrari, McLaren, Williams (showing my age) ... and the list goes on.

10 - fantastically entertaining race, but -1 for the combination of the mercs being SO dominant, and so many of the battles being just between teammates. So 9.

It gets a 9 from me and was the best race I've seen since Monaco 2012. Good to see some fights for the lead as well as in midfield.

Just as an aside - those of you who gave the mild curry of an F1 race that was Malaysia a 10 left yourselves with nowhere to go! Now the poll will indicate you all enjoyed that one as much as this one when quite clearly this one is better.

I've never given a 10 as I don't think I've ever seen the perfect Grand Prix.

I do TBY. Error.

Good old Monaco 2011. A race so exciting and controversial that a circular argument about tyres went on for 2 months on Apex, led to multi member bans and....I think.....the first ever locked thread on CTA! I still feel cheated we never got to see that showdown. I mean Alonso had much fresher tyres didn't he?

*Gets punched in the face by Brogan *

Back
Top Bottom