Poll Out of Ten - 2014 Bahrain Grand Prix

2014 Bahrain Grand Prix Out of Ten

• Total voters
It could have been a great race but unfortunately it was ruined by the Merc dominance and so it was simply a good race certainly not worthy of the all the 10's people are giving it...

I tried to watch the highlights and totally fell asleep at about lap 6...

Last edited:
I have to admit I'm a little puzzled at the response to this race. I actually watched it again today. I think a lot of the interest comes from the very close field throughout the race. It's notable how close pairs of cars from many teams were to each other too. It was an immersive race with little bits of action occurring constantly.

Two cars having a genuine, prolonged battle for the win is more than we've had for a very long time. There were no team orders so it doesn't matter that they were both driving the same car. And behind them we had overtaking between everyone who finished in the points pretty much - the Force Indias, Red Bulls, Williams and Ferraris were all involved in a lot of action as well.

Given the context of what we got in the first two races of this year and during all of last year, and the current relative performance of the cars, I honestly can't think of anything that would have made the race significantly better for me. Based on my expectations and that it was the best race for over a year (at least), it's a 10 for me.

Another way of looking at it is that both cars in the garage were of similar performance, so it's not just the "lead" driver in a team who's a threat.

Excellent race, marred somewhat by the fact that the Mercs were so much faster than everyone else, but they did fight each other. The other point was for the safety car. I felt that there were a few drivers who might just possibly have been having problems in the last two or three laps had the safety car not intervened; now we will never know.

Excellent race, marred somewhat by the fact that the Mercs were so much faster than everyone else, but they did fight each other. The other point was for the safety car. I felt that there were a few drivers who might just possibly have been having problems in the last two or three laps had the safety car not intervened; now we will never know.
I follow Kobayashi's Youtube channel and he actually commented about the safety car, that it was a bit of bad luck for him and that it probably cost them a chance to finish in the points

Wow, he was optimistic. Although the 'new' teams seem to be mixing in with the midfield more this year.

Maybe the Caterhams are really good in their tyres?

I wonder if we should have poll before the GP starts and then one after to see who is the most cynical (me) and miserable (me) before the race even begins and who's opinion changes the most (probably not me)

I wonder if we should have poll before the GP starts and then one after to see who is the most cynical (me) and miserable (me) before the race even begins and who's opinion changes the most (probably not me)

After the race I was drunk, and i think i would have given the race a 10 back than.

Things don't look very good outside the track, but inside it's done it's job for the 3rd year in a row.
Wanted to give an extra point for that, but I changed my mind.

Gave this race an 8. It had everything except rain and any other team at the front, so -2 for each second Merc. is ahead of the rest.

How did I know it was you that was going to point that out? ;)
You could have bet your house on it with no fear of losing, and the reason why is also obvious, and so I won't point out why that is...

I also corrected a small error in your post RasputinLives I hope you don't mind it is just that you typed "I know" twice I'm not sure if you meant the second one to be "I knew" so I just deleted it,,, sorry I'm not the pedantic police I can assure you..:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom