Non 2014 United States Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Jen,

A better question is why is Maldonado paid so much? Do they deduct the money to reconstruct his crashed cars from his pay checks?

Much of the money quoted is actually paid by the sponsors not the team. I do feel though that Ferrari would be better off halving their driver salaries bill and spending it on top quality designers.

I thought that Vettel was reputedly on a lower salary than the other top drivers.

I don't know if RBR still persist with a larger bonus-related pay scheme but here's something from a few years ago:
http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2010/08/how-much-does-an-f1-driver-earn/

As a rule, F1 drivers’ income is 70% retainer and 30% bonus, based on podiums, wins and championship position. Apparently Red Bull is the exception with 40% retainer and 60% bonus, which might partly explain why the driver who doesn’t win looks pretty down!

It would make sense for more teams to follow this route, might stop some (who shan't be named but Kimi Raikkonen you know who you are) from trundling round picking up a big pay cheque.

FB
I bet if Kimi were in this year's Merc, he would probably be leading the championship.

If pay is based on past performance, then Kimi, Hamilton and Button should be making one-quarter of what Vettel makes, and FA should be making half of Seb's pay packet.

Back
Top Bottom