Non 2014 United States Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

the only big land space in town would be the airport. That would be interesting to watch.

Where is it that they race on an airfield in the US? I think both CART/Indy Cars and NASCAR race there.

There's a track on the DTM calender which is basically two straights and a couple of hairpins (Norisring) and it's pretty dull. Hey, Silverstone used to be an airfield and that's dull as well. Think I'm spotting a pattern.

FB - Norisring used to be the Nazi parade ground in Nuremburg. Better as a dull circuit then...

I don't think Vegas would affect CoTA, I think they're looking for a second US round again. I would think that it makes more sense for them to look at a second US round in the North, so they can back it onto Montreal in June though.

Possibly. Anywhere they could feasibly hold a Grand Prix in June without Nigel Mansell any of the drivers melting would be nice.

That's why all the talk of NJ, surely?

Let's go back to Dallas.

Nigel+Mansell+-+1984+Dallas.PNG

Where is it that they race on an airfield in the US? I think both CART/Indy Cars and NASCAR race there.

Sebring used to be an airfield. IndyCars race at the Edmonton airport and a St. Petersburg mixed airport/street circuit. They used to race at the Cleveland airport in Champ Car/CART as well.

Did you know that about 90% of UK outdoor kart tracks are on old airfields, and do you also know one main reason why? Karts were originally invented by air servicemen and were built using aeroplane engine starter-motors and rudder-wheels.

Mephistopheles is surprisingly right. We still have 10 days till the GP, lots of waffle to come between now and then and once the race gets closer it will be more US GP 2014 related!

This highway leads to the shadowy tip of reality: You're on a through route to the land of the different, the bizarre, the unexplainable...

Go as far as you like on this road. Its limits are only those of mind itself.

Ladies and Gentlemen, you're entering the wondrous dimension of imagination. . .

Next stop.. The Twilight Zone....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom