Non 2014 United States Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Isn't it a shame how 2014 has turned out. We started with the hope of Bernie being pushed out of the sport due to legal ramifications and the trivial complaint about engine noise. We now have a driver in hospital, two teams on the ropes and Bernie's plans as menacing as ever.

Oh, what I would do for simpler times.

It'll only get worse when Bernie goes Westy. Turkeys don't vote for xmas and they will need another ringmaster who I'm sure will swoop in when its all about to fall down. I'm also sure he'll bedetested by one and all when he does come in.

Agreed RasputinLives

Another thought on the bigger teams supplying a car to a struggling team. Let's use Marussia as our test bed for this:

Marussia need help, Ferrari step in to supply a car for them. Are Marussia now just racing one car? Or are Ferrari expected to supply them with two cars? Or can Marussia source a car from two teams? Say, run a Ferarri and a Mercedes.

Do any of you think that there will be ever be a state of F1 that would make you stop watching the sport? We are all really dedicated to the sport. I know I'd hate to loose it as a source of enjoyment.

Show me where in the regulations that it says a team is obliged to give a struggling team a car, show me where it says that Bernie has the authority to force this to happen.

Tell me which team would be stupid enough to give one of its cars to a competitor, so that competitor can strip that car down and take all its secrets I mean for heavens sake McLaren were walloped just for having in their possession a few out of date Ferrari schematics let alone the whole bloody car to strip down and analyse.

No! Once again this is just Bernie talking out the back of his 'ed, the poor lambs lost the plot...

Last edited:
I maybe sounding thick, but surely if they gave a car to another team there is ALOT of information that can basically be copied for their own car next year?

I think the third car bit is in the team's commercial contracts with him, which remain confidential, so not part of the rules per se.

Personally, I'm ok with it. Comparing three drivers is little different to two. My real problem is that the sport seems to be matching inexorably to a full on spending war, driven by the structure of the commercial side, and that will limit innovation, and opportunity for the smaller team's, and that doesn't look like it will be fixed any time soon.

However, as long as after each race i can say "I enjoyed that" i will continue to watch. The rest is garnish.

So true in that famous race.

A real pity only 9 teams are left in F1, entries close on November 4th as well, so we are unlikely to see any more next year.

Ten teams and twenty drivers on ten different cars is a good amount.
Less different cars on the start is not well decision for not enough competitive teams.
FIA has many other "mono serie".
Why is needing to convert Formula 1 to this type?

I'm only half heartedly watching it at the moment....
Mephistopheles Me too, I'm finding I start watching at 1pm UK, then watch the first few laps, then press pause, do something less boring instead, then come back 30 to 45 minutes later and watch the remainder of the race at x6 or x12 speed, stopping to play at anything that looks vaugley interesting. Well due to recent events there will only be 19% reduction on the number of cars on the track, I don't think there will be anything for USA that will stop my current approach on F1 entertainment.

Last edited:
Do any of you think that there will be ever be a state of F1 that would make you stop watching the sport? We are all really dedicated to the sport. I know I'd hate to loose it as a source of enjoyment.

No Westy.....and those that have some doubt whether or not that they will continue to follow the sport, are full of shit.....they will..:rolleyes:.

Back
Top Bottom