No Favouritism at McLaren, either!

teabagyokel said:
Maybe Button is just smoother into the pit box!

ok that was funny.

Seriously. Im amazed at the informed discussion this place can generate. what fantastic info, facts and opinions people contribute!

I would/could easily believe Hamilton is the faster driver, but i still don't think it is quite that clear cut...

I'm of the opinion that both are pretty even when it comes down to actual pace, but crucially Hamilton seems to be better able to drive around any deficiencies with the car, whatever they bring he drives. Button on the other hand seems less able to do this and we're seeing this season that he sometimes struggles to set the car up, not really surprising when you take into account that he had no input on the development side.

I think if Jenson stays with the team for a few seasons then we'll see him getting closer to Lewis right across the race weekend, of course that doesn't take into account any improvement that Lewis is able to make.

I'm not saying this is necessarily the case, but it was said during Mansell's times at Williams, that whilst he could drive around a problem, that didn't actually tell you how to solve a problem or set the car up. Sometimes consistency and sensitivity are as much a benefit as outright speed.

Ouch, a splinter!

Back
Top Bottom