Nico Rosberg

Nico Erik Rosberg, son of Keijo "Keke" Erik Rosberg, is about to have his 100th Grand Prix meeting this weekend in Hungary.

I was about to write my "best wishes" to him in 'his' thread...but I couldn't find one...so, I figured I might as well start it off.

What is very interesting is that his father, Keke, took part in 114 Grand Prix races in his entire Formula One career, winning 5 of them - all for Williams from 1982 to 1985 - as well as a World Championship.

It's interesting in that Nico is approaching that number quickly and he's already about to finish off his 6th season in a few months...but without a win to his name...and no win in sight given the current pecking order of the cars.

Some say Nico is a great talent...while others say he hasn't fared well against quality teammates in their prime, so it's hard to judge. Mark Webber is, seemingly, his only reasonable benchmark and that was way back in his rookie season in a car that was one of the worst ones ever constructed by Williams.

What are people's thoughts on Nico Rosberg?

Regardless, Godspeed to Nico on the occassion of his 100th Grand Prix this weekend! :)

Rosberg has always been very quick and his qualifying pace never surprises me. I believe he is more capable than anybody in getting to as near a perfect lap as possible. Where he needs to up his game is in the race, he always seems to go backwards. He has the capability to challenge without a shadow of a doubt. As good as Alonso, Vettel and Hamilton? Not sure yet but ruling him out isn't wise either.

Nico's stock just went up again. Not many points behind his team mate now.

If I were Nico, and just in case you wondered I'm not, if Kimi leaves the Enstone boys I'd be round them quick sharpe and tell em that for the right figure I'd come to them as long as they built the team around me.

Ok so he's doing well at Merc but we all know they invested the money in Lewis and he is the king pin there. If they build world championship winning machinary then we know it'll be Lewis that will be winning in it. The Enstone team are there and there abouts and have built championship winning cars before. I'd take my chances and claim my own team.

RasputinLives

If I was Nico I'd be getting my manager to speak to Red Bull and use that as a bargaining tool against Mercedes not use Lotus because they will not pay him more than what he is getting at Mercedes now

I'd say Rosberg and Hamilton have had roughly equal luck. Hamilton just joined the team and while Rosberg has a victory on merit he is behind the Englishman, Hamilton can only get more acquainted with the team and car. No doubt Rosberg's stock has improved over the first half of the season but is he in the 'trio'? No, but he does join the 2nd best club whose sole member is Jenson Button.

I'm absolutely shocked you don't think he should go to Enstone Il_leone I know how you are a massive fan.

Nope Nico isn't up there with the big names yet no-FIAt-please and he never will be as long as he's in a team one. As far as I'm concerned there are currently fivev teams up front with five name drivers leading them Vettel, Alonso, Hamilton, Kimi and Mclaren have thrown their lot in with Button. They are the team leaders and the real contenders. Perez is trying to out do Jensom at the moment and we'll see if that happens and Rosberg is giving Lewis a run for his money right now but will he do that once Lewis gets up to speed with Merc and if he sniffs sa championshio? doubt it. So to save himself becoming Massa/Webber/Barrichello/Berger he needs to go to a team he is number one at. If Kimi is silly enough to go to Red Bull then I think he should go to Enstone. It might not pay off but he's never going to be worlds champ where he is so whats he got to lose?

RasputinLives

No I don;t think Rosberg at this point in time should go to team Enstone as the last few races have shown the team has declined in terms of pace and ability to read races better and there are too many unknowns

A bit different from Lewis Hamilton leaving Mclaren because at least it was a manufacturer he was joining getting ready for turbos

With Lotus they can't seem to have long term strategies with various owners and engine issues.

Like I said Rosberg will not get paid the amount he wants if he tried to bargain with Lotus..they can't attract a star name. I know Ferrari and Mclaren rate Rosberg so if he fancies his chances of taking over from Alonso he can get someone to speak to Maranello.

So really for Nico I would angle a Red Bull move

Question. Will Rosberg ever be a number one or win a world championship with Merc, Red Bull or Ferrari in the next three years? Nope.

Is Mclaren an option? No.

Have the Enstone outfit shown they are a team who can produce a race winning car, Produce a championshipnwinning car, attract sponsors and keep their place in the pecking order with rule changes? Yes.

If the other teams already have number ones and they don't thats where you need to go and if you want to win a world championship you should take a pay cut to do it. Not like he's poor.

Or he could be a number 2 driver with one of the other teams. I know what I'd choose.

To be honest though RasputinLives, much of that is still open for change. If he carries on performing this season, there is no reason to believe that he is not capable of winning a WDC, and other team principles would clearly be watching.

That said, the options are limited, and a seat for 2014 is a bit of a gamble with the new regs.

I have already committed to eating a dozen hats if Maldonado ends up at McLaren in 2014, and I'll eat one more if Rosberg isn't at Mercedes in 2014. All suggestions for hat varieties will be considered.

Back
Top Bottom