Nico Rosberg

Nico Erik Rosberg, son of Keijo "Keke" Erik Rosberg, is about to have his 100th Grand Prix meeting this weekend in Hungary.

I was about to write my "best wishes" to him in 'his' thread...but I couldn't find one...so, I figured I might as well start it off.

What is very interesting is that his father, Keke, took part in 114 Grand Prix races in his entire Formula One career, winning 5 of them - all for Williams from 1982 to 1985 - as well as a World Championship.

It's interesting in that Nico is approaching that number quickly and he's already about to finish off his 6th season in a few months...but without a win to his name...and no win in sight given the current pecking order of the cars.

Some say Nico is a great talent...while others say he hasn't fared well against quality teammates in their prime, so it's hard to judge. Mark Webber is, seemingly, his only reasonable benchmark and that was way back in his rookie season in a car that was one of the worst ones ever constructed by Williams.

What are people's thoughts on Nico Rosberg?

Regardless, Godspeed to Nico on the occassion of his 100th Grand Prix this weekend! :)

No I didn't mean that Fenderman I don't buy that Nico had a fuel problem excuse I heard them ask Lewis to save fuel on the radio but I didn't hear them ask Nico to, I believe Nico could have gone faster and still make it home on fuel but he was told not to overtake for me it wasn't a case of letting Nico pass.

This is what I believe the thinking was, Ross knows the sort of driver Lewis is and judging by the fact that Nico had already tried to pass Lewis on a couple of occasions and Lewis was fighting to regain them even though Lewis was already in fuel saving mode. Ross may have thought that Lewis would carry on fighting the place if Nico got past ending with Lewis running out of fuel and loosing the 3rd and 4th he wanted and only getting the 3rd and so he told Nico to hold station nullifying the possibility of that happening, there was no chance of Nico chasing down the Red Bulls as Ross is saying, they were too far up the road running too fast and too few laps to do it in.

I don't think Nico is miffed about not being allowed to challenge the Red Bulls I think he is miffed about not being allowed to be on the podium....

Brawn saw something and that's all that matters whether it was technical, tactical or just a matter of ensuring a tight ship. One thing is clear and that is where the authority lies at least while he remains at Mercedes.

Fenderman.....Brawn seems to be able in a very calmn but determined manner to have his drivers, follow his direction. A good example yesterday occurred on lap 51, when responding to a request by Nico.......Ross said..." NIco, Lewis's pace is what we are asking for him to do, he could go alot faster as well...so please be in control as well. "

Fenderman.....Brawn seems to be able in a very calmn but determined manner to have his drivers, follow his direction. A good example yesterday occurred on lap 51, when responding to a request by Nico.......Ross said..." NIco, Lewis's pace is what we are asking for him to do, he could go alot faster as well...so please be in control as well. "

Follow this link and start reading Rootersport

Note the quotes in Rad Booton's Notebook.

According to Brawn they were both fuel saving so letting Rosberg through to go faster could have resulted in him running out of fuel I suppose :dunno:

In which case, if Rosberg was going to be let through only to sit one or two seconds in front of Hamilton when what was the point?

Well, I suppose the fact that Nico's car let him down in Australia, and that as there is no 1 & 2 he needed the extra points more than Lewis (after all there's a long way to go), and as Nico has as much chance of being WDC as Lewis (no he doesn't), and there is NO risk in asking Lewis to let Nico go, and .........:tumbleweed:

:thinking: The gremlins that infest F1 can be very mean indeed. Just think, some blighter must have sneaked McLaren's anti-roll bar eating gremlin into Lewis's bag when he was packing. Either that or he borrowed it. Question is, where has it gone now?:snigger:

:thinking: The gremlins that infest F1 can be very mean indeed. Just think, some blighter must have sneaked McLaren's anti-roll bar eating gremlin into Lewis's bag when he was packing. Either that or he borrowed it. Question is, where has it gone now?:snigger:

If I was him, I'd give it back to Lewis before the weekend.......:D

So that's three P1's on the spin for Rosberg Jr and I have to say, a cracking one today at that. A great deal of composure was required on a damp to drying track to find the grip and make the car stick. To pop it past his team mate who has always been quick around the streets of Monte Carlo is also impressive.

So is it now time to put to bed the often used phrase "Nico seems quick but it's hard to judge until he gets tested against a better team mate?"

Hopefully tomorrow we'll see a good clean start with the grid making it through the first corner and up the hill intact. I've got no doubt that both Rosberg and Hamilton will play it hard but fair and that the Mercedes pit wall will ensure they both respect each other in the race. I'm pretty sure if Rosberg leads the bulk of the way he'll be reminding the team he's owed one from earlier in the year.

With Mercedes on the coat tails of the developing Ferrari, Renault, Red Bull scrap I don't think they'll be in the final reckoning for the title so a season where the Hamilton, Rosberg, Mercedes relationship can fully bed in as a team without the added pressure of having to favor one driver over the other for those "just in case" points (Schumacher, Austria or Alonso "is quicker than you" etc) will only serve to help strengthen their push in 2014. Get the mechanical stuff sorted and with a harmonious team dynamic with good clear air between the drivers and they have got to be in with a shout next year.

Who would have thought that Rosberg would be able to match (and best) Hamilton over a single lap? Happy times for Nico and let's hope it continues.

Back
Top Bottom