Nico Rosberg

Nico Erik Rosberg, son of Keijo "Keke" Erik Rosberg, is about to have his 100th Grand Prix meeting this weekend in Hungary.

I was about to write my "best wishes" to him in 'his' thread...but I couldn't find one...so, I figured I might as well start it off.

What is very interesting is that his father, Keke, took part in 114 Grand Prix races in his entire Formula One career, winning 5 of them - all for Williams from 1982 to 1985 - as well as a World Championship.

It's interesting in that Nico is approaching that number quickly and he's already about to finish off his 6th season in a few months...but without a win to his name...and no win in sight given the current pecking order of the cars.

Some say Nico is a great talent...while others say he hasn't fared well against quality teammates in their prime, so it's hard to judge. Mark Webber is, seemingly, his only reasonable benchmark and that was way back in his rookie season in a car that was one of the worst ones ever constructed by Williams.

What are people's thoughts on Nico Rosberg?

Regardless, Godspeed to Nico on the occassion of his 100th Grand Prix this weekend! :)

Button walked because he wanted to test himself against Hamilton ; money was of less importance to him. It was also reported that Mercedes upped their offer when they found out that he was talking with McLaren.

KekeTheKing - Image of Nico looking at home in Monaco:

F1-Grand-Prix-of-Monaco-Race-1913711.jpg

According to Wikipedia, Rosberg is a polyglot (somehow sounds like an offensive word). He speaks fluent German, English, Italian, Spanish and French but only a little Finnish. How come he speaks Italian and Spanish but not Finnish???

teabagyokel

Only a hypothesis if he was but as we've seen it in the past it takes one major bust up for drivers to leave their current teams and seek their fortunes elsewhere so never say never in F1

It would not stop Mercedes pursuing him if they thought he was worth the investment

The men in greysuits do not think rationally being not close to the F1 scene . ala sign a retired Schumacher and drop the then world champion instead... they apparently had it planned if they bought Brawn they would try and and get Schumacher back

Although Ross has since admitted that they should have sent Nico out again, it really wasn't so obvious at the time.

Rosberg locked up badly on his first Q2 run with 9 minutes to go, he eventually set a time 2 tenths off Hamilton who was on the same strategy. With 1:30 left in the session, he was still P5. At the checkers he was P7.

It was a mighty lap from Hulkenberg that really did him in.

They are not the first team to make this kind of mistake, nor will they be the last. To be honest, I am not sure it really had a massive impact on his race at all, judging by the issues that they had.

What has Rosberg been doing recently (barring his fortunate win at Silverstone). Since his win in Monaco Hamilton has really put the German in the shade. He best step things up or he might slide into that number 2 role...

Something that has just occurred to me is that Nico is sitting on 84 points after 10 races and 50 of those points are from his two wins, which means he scored 34 points in 8 races giving him a hit rate for those 8 races of 4.25.

Not very good is it?

Mephistopheles

I think you have to eliminate his 3 retirements at least so that is 34 from 5 races to less than 7 pts

A bit odd the wins are his only podiums !

I did say I d expect Nico to keep up with Lewis using his continuity as an advantage initially until Lewis really settles

Having said that the last two races for Nico

- his team screwed his qualifying up in Germany and then he got hit in Hungary

You make your own luck though, if he'd set a faster Q2 time in Germany he wouldn't have been knocked out and similarly if he'd managed to match Lewis' time in Hungary he may have been out of harms way. The second half of the season is a dangerous one for Rosberg. His reputation went through the roof in the first half of the season when he beat Lewis for a few consecutive races but that will all be lost again if Lewis continues to improve and Rosberg falls further behind him.

Like I said it was just something that caught my eye when I was looking at the standings earlier, even Buttons looking at a 3.9 in that pile of shit he's driving and he hasn't finished every race either....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom