Gaming Next Generation Consoles.

How will you be gaming in the future?

• Wii U

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Handheld Gaming - Sony Vita/Nintendo DS etc.

• Social Media Gaming - Farmville/Candy Crush etc.

• Total voters
If you have to pay again for Xbox live, i am totally skipping xbox. The xbox live services in belgium are shiiite compared to the us, it almost seems that whe are paying for them.

The company said: "You can game offline for up to 24 hours on your primary console, or one hour if you are logged on to a separate console accessing your library.
"Offline gaming is not possible after these prescribed times until you re-establish a connection, but you can still watch live TV and enjoy Blu-ray and DVD movies."

But you can still watch TV and DVD's? Wow, i can do that without an xbox.:victory:

So in short you can only play secondhand games for free from friends and each 24 hours you have to go online or you can't play on your xbox one.

If Sony are sensible they will abandon any similar ideas and the market is theirs. Microsoft are relying on their fan base being loyal but as the majority of their users are in the younger more budget limited category the extra penalties in the used game market will alienate them.

The other advantage Xbox always had over playstation was the price of the unit. Each generation of Xbox was significantly cheaper than the equivalent playstation. The rumour is that both consoles will be around £350 at launch.

Why would you choose Xbox if these rumours are true?

Xbox priced at £429! That is a pricey piece of kit,

I'm assuming that they will also be charging extra for Xbox live on top of that and if previous hardware is anything to go buy it will be extra for wireless, harddrive, headsets. Not sure on actual game prices yet either but I think you will be needing at least £500 - £600 to play at launch. OUCH!

PS3 prices now confirmed! £349 at launch. That's a saving of £80 for the more powerful machine and used games are playable without additional fees.

A lot of E3 Footage hitting youtube now. Here;s the BF4 multiplayer reveal, lots of exciting features.

Thats Christmas sorted.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-one-and-with-fewer-restrictions-8653463.html

Screen Shot 2013-06-11 at 14.20.16.png

With all the "privacy" conversation in the States recently, the new Microsoft Xbox is coming under scrutiny for its ability to monitor its users far more extensively than ever before. Some gamers might not want to keep their bong on the coffee table for "Big Brother" to peek at. ;)

The controller remaining similar is one of the key reasons why I'm staying with playstation. I've been using those shaped pads for over 15 years, my hands are used to it!

With all the "privacy" conversation in the States recently, the new Microsoft Xbox is coming under scrutiny for its ability to monitor its users far more extensively than ever before. Some gamers might not want to keep their bong on the coffee table for "Big Brother" to peek at. ;)

I'm very put off by the privacy issue. I don't really want anyone analysing what I'm watching and sending me targeted adverts to suit.

There is one small downside to Sony's presentation that I missed before, it seems that Playstation Plus will be required in order to game online, the cost of this feature and it's benefits in comparison to Xbox live still makes it a worthwhile purchase.

One thing I've not being able to get a firm answer on is if Xbox One can function without Xbox live? I know they have the always online so does this mean you have to pay to subscribe or you can't even game offline?

I don't see how the Xbox One will survive, not only is it much more expensive, it's far more restricted with too many features that will go unused.

Hopefully they'll bring out a revised version that will be much better and cheaper, highly unlikely though.

I'm not sure if we need a dedicated thread for the upcoming games or not but here is another teaser which has got me very excited. It's only short but I cannot wait!

One thing I've not being able to get a firm answer on is if Xbox One can function without Xbox live? I know they have the always online so does this mean you have to pay to subscribe or you can't even game offline?

You just have to be online, don't think that you need a gold account for that, that's just for playing games online.
Microsoft can't afford to shoot themselves in the foot again, with another dumb rule.

Anything that says 720 is clearly out of date, don't trust google, there could be articles from a year ago that may pop up in your search.

As for that controller, it will be fine for the next generation of gamers who evolve an extra arm!

This change was always on the cards as soon as Sony said they wouldn't be doing anything similar and seemed to have the majority of the support after E3.

For those Xbox owners who are considering PS4 does this U-turn make a difference?

Back
Top Bottom