Gaming Next Generation Consoles.

How will you be gaming in the future?

• Wii U

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Handheld Gaming - Sony Vita/Nintendo DS etc.

• Social Media Gaming - Farmville/Candy Crush etc.

• Total voters
There seems to be something wrong with the poll, as the PS4 is said to have 100% of the votes and yet two other options have 33.3% each. When I went to school this made 166.6% which doesn't seem to be possible in my book...LOL

I think that is because multiple votes are allowed, 100% of the people who have voted so far would like a PS4, only 33% of the people would also be gaming in other ways.

I dunno what's in what console.

Definitely won't be going for Wii U.

I've not owned a Playstation, had a Nintendo 64, Xbox, then the 360, will probably for the Xbox One, but I see nothing wrong with my current console.

I have a PC which is essentially my gaming life at the moment (Guild Wars 2, still) but own a PS3 which has delivered many hours of enjoyment. I'll be getting a PS4 at some point but not at launch. Unless someone else buys me it of course!

20130524_134046.jpg

That`s my latest one:)

Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter where awesome games on that!

The main reason why I liked going to my older cousins house :)

PC gaming all the way for me. Used to have an Xbox, and always preferred that to my PS1, but since I got into PC games I'll never get another console.

I used to play Runescape (lol) but have now moved to the Xbox. It suits my needs, easy to play, cheaper than a good PC and in general it's just simpler.

According to the publication's sources, Xbox One games will phone home to Microsoft servers on a regular basis to verify that their users own the games. If you buy a used title, however,Polygon claims that you won't have to pay Microsoft for a fresh license to the game.
Simply popping in the game disc and installing it will reportedly establish lawful ownership as far as Microsoft's servers are concerned. When you install the game on your Xbox One, you'll be deauthenticating it on the previous owner's account, according to Polygon

http://www.theverge.com/2013/5/24/4363732/xbox-one-spot-checks-used-game-authentication

The Xbox One runs on three distinct operating systems. One powers the games, another, the kernel of Windows 8, powers the apps and a third, always-on operating system, connects the two.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/22/43...perating-system-is-the-xbox-ones-game-changer

Don't know witch console, but the xbox controller is much better for me. For me the PS controller is made for small japanese hands , not my big european hands.

Well, my X-Box One is already reserved direct from MS (Thanks to a good friend who works in a senior post there). I will be getting the PS4 but going to wait like I did with the PS3 until a game comes out that I really want to play and isn't available on the other console.

Interestingly there seems to be some light for MS. Because they have made the games OS engine an almost direct port from a PC game developers are more likely to commit to PC and X-Box games first due to the ease of releasing both versions. Unless Sony are giving a decent financial incentive to the dev groups then PS4 games may end up being a while behind due to the extended time it will take to port the game across.

This makes more sense when you look at how MS and Sony make their money from consoles. Most of the actual console units sold in the first few years will actually be at a loss for the company. They make their money on the games sales (rumoured to be anywhere up to £10 of the sale price for new releases). So the more consoles they get in peoples front rooms the more money they make as the market for the games sales is increased. So for Sony to be reducing the amount they take from each game sold would be putting them in an even bigger hole than they currently are (look at their latest financial statements). MS has a very profitable business model all around currently, and this excess of cash flow can easily be used to support the gaming arm of the company in order to make this battle very one sided without going into major debt in order to pull it off. If played right MS can get dev groups to build PC/X-Box games giving the dev house 2 income streams, make the contractual payments a lot more favourable (MS making less money, Dev group making more from each sale) and so meaning more games available for their console, more people will buy it, increasing the market place for the games and attracting more developers. A vicious circle when you are trying to compete with it like Sony is. Sony doesn't have the ability to offer more than one income stream for a developer, and I doubt very much that they are going to start reducing their only income from the games sales when they are already struggling in all other markets that they compete in.

Could this end up being the next VHS/Beta-Max or HDDVD/Blu-ray fight? Quite possibly. And lets face it, out of both companies, MS has more of an ability and history in playing the tactics to create a virtual monopoly without getting into too much trouble...

PS4 is also going for a PC based architecture. This should make games easier to be developed for all formats. Key issue is of course games. My early purchases will be battlefield 4 and gran turismo 6 depending on release dates.

BF4 is also planned to be out for PS3 too but the PS4 version will be significantly better. The rumours are that 64 player maps will be standard for both next generation consoles which will bring them inline with the PC version. I'm hoping an improved GT6 will also be in the pipelines.

Back
Top Bottom