Gaming Next Generation Consoles.

How will you be gaming in the future?

• Wii U

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Handheld Gaming - Sony Vita/Nintendo DS etc.

• Social Media Gaming - Farmville/Candy Crush etc.

• Total voters
At 18:00 GMT on Wednesday Microsoft will announce details of their next-gen offering. Usual rumours are to be found all over the interwebs. A further reveal of the PS4 will also happen on the 10th of June. Hopefully we will actually get to see the console this time!

The MS announcement is a pre--pre-release announcement and the full console and game lineup for launch will be revealed at E3. Probably more of the same with much promised features that they are still trying to get working properl and will eventually be dropped prior to launch ;)

That was always going to be the case and I'm glad it isn't.
Comprising the next generation console just to ensure existing games work would be a mistake.

Sony did it with the Playstation.

Wow this will piss a lot of people off.

Screen Shot 2013-05-22 at 16.15.37.png

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-22623010

This is quite interesting, EA have recently just stopped using their online pass system which required you to pay a small fee to register a used game for online play. Why would Microsoft try to reverse that trend?

So why should Microsoft get the funds for the resold game? With EA's system the money was paid back to the developer. Would this be the case for microsofts system?

Bad move by Microsoft.

They should have kept shut until Playstation made their move, but I guees they've already designed the console around it.

Stupid.

So let me get this right, Microsoft want to get paid for old games that their new console cannot play, is that correct.....?

And not only that they want to be paid for games that they did not produce or develop, is that also correct?

Isn't that slightly absurd..?

I still can't believe that they're basing the 4th gen consoles on technology that already exists in (moderately powerful) PC's today.
Porting games cross-platform fine, but you might as well just hook your PC up to a TV and be done with it now.

If the console makers were putting brand new tech in their consoles, then why wouldn't it already be in powerful PCs today? PCs do have the bonus of being upgradable, and I wish I could have the technical sense (and financial freedom) to do so. However, consoles have proven that the majority of gamers want simplicity. Give them a console that can play games and have fun on.

Consoles are very profitable for most developers due to the big audience of potential buyers. I'm not sold on either the PS4 or Xbox One yet. I'll need to see some fantastic games to buy into it.

I've added a poll to the thread now, both Microsoft and Sony know the key market is the social and handheld side of gaming as well.

Back
Top Bottom