Gaming Next Generation Consoles.

How will you be gaming in the future?

• Wii U

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Handheld Gaming - Sony Vita/Nintendo DS etc.

• Social Media Gaming - Farmville/Candy Crush etc.

• Total voters
Unless they are significantly cheaper than the physical medium, I would never buy a digital download.

At least you can sell/trade a physical copy once you're done with it.

Indeed. I remember back in the xbox 360 days that digital games where 10 euro (7.60 ponds) more expansive than physical games. That was the most idiotic thing ever since you can sell/trade physical games.

Another problem with digital downloads is the questions of rights holders. There are many cases where an IP changes corporate hands and therefore the distribution has to change. There are games on the 360 that people have bought, deleted, and then when they try to redone load then they are unable to because it is no longer allowed to be distributed on Xbox Live, this making your purchase void without any type of refund. I will look for the source.

Digital downloads are a great idea, however I am unsure as to whether the industry is ready for them or has figured out how best to utilize them.

Also since we have 3 languages here, when you download a game accidental in french you can't download it again in english or in dutch. But it's the same bloody game!!!

Unless they are significantly cheaper than the physical medium, I would never buy a digital download.

At least you can sell/trade a physical copy once you're done with it.
The physical copy is only valued by it's activation key, which may be built into the disk I know but the main thing is, that it is the key which is important and holds the value and not the physical hard copy.

Edit.

But to go out and buy a digital copy at an actual store makes about as much sense as kicking your wife out and nagging yourself...

Last edited:
I've just bought a new power supply for my MegaDrive, the only games console I can beat my kids on :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom