Announcement New features incoming

Brogan

Legend
Staff Member
It's still a few months away but the software will be updated some time later this year.

There are lots of new features which are listed here: Have you seen...?

From an end user perspective, these two are probably of the most interest:

Will all the changes be implemented at once ? And I assume CTA is a discussion forum, does that stay the same ?

The features will all be in version 2.2 but they may not all be implemented here at once as I will need time to determine if they will be of any use here and set them up, etc.

CTA fundamentally won't change though - it will remain a basic discussion forum as it is now.

If the site suddenly dies or changes a horrible shade of magenta and lime green, it's because I have accidentally logged into the live site, rather than my localhost installation.

Which I very nearly did just now :D

It's growing on me ...

1596485424479.png

:whistle:

The upgrade went well on the test site.

Lots of stuff to configure and set up but so far, no blocking issues.

Depending on how well the Beta 2 upgrade goes, I should be able to get the site upgraded within the next week or so.

Already sorted.

Unfortunately, due to COVID-19 and social distancing requirements, they are virtual drinks over Google Hangouts, and therefore you have to supply your own.

It should look a lot better at all widths - there are 4 different layouts so small screens aren't cluttered with loads of buttons.

Everything is still available by clicking on the three dots though, like so:

1598464654246.png

Let me know your thoughts on the article layout style.

If done properly with images and text, it looks like this: Have you seen...?

Or we can revert to the standard list view.

Back
Top Bottom