Announcement New features incoming

Brogan

🦶 Leg end
Staff Member
It's still a few months away but the software will be updated some time later this year.

There are lots of new features which are listed here: Have you seen...?

From an end user perspective, these two are probably of the most interest:

Titch

Champion Elect
Premium Contributor
Will all the changes be implemented at once ? And I assume CTA is a discussion forum, does that stay the same ?

Brogan

🦶 Leg end
Staff Member
The features will all be in version 2.2 but they may not all be implemented here at once as I will need time to determine if they will be of any use here and set them up, etc.

CTA fundamentally won't change though - it will remain a basic discussion forum as it is now.

Brogan

🦶 Leg end
Staff Member
If the site suddenly dies or changes a horrible shade of magenta and lime green, it's because I have accidentally logged into the live site, rather than my localhost installation.

Which I very nearly did just now :D

Brogan

🦶 Leg end
Staff Member
It's growing on me ...

1596485424479.png

:whistle:

Brogan

🦶 Leg end
Staff Member
The upgrade went well on the test site.

Lots of stuff to configure and set up but so far, no blocking issues.

Depending on how well the Beta 2 upgrade goes, I should be able to get the site upgraded within the next week or so.

Brogan

🦶 Leg end
Staff Member
That colour is just what I use for the dev site, to make sure I don't accidentally make changes to the live site.

cider_and_toast

Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex
Staff Member
Premium Contributor
As long as you get the "order drinks" button working for forum staff, I'm good with the rest.

Brogan

🦶 Leg end
Staff Member
Already sorted.

Unfortunately, due to COVID-19 and social distancing requirements, they are virtual drinks over Google Hangouts, and therefore you have to supply your own.

Brogan

🦶 Leg end
Staff Member
It should look a lot better at all widths - there are 4 different layouts so small screens aren't cluttered with loads of buttons.

Everything is still available by clicking on the three dots though, like so:

1598464654246.png

Brogan

🦶 Leg end
Staff Member
Let me know your thoughts on the article layout style.

If done properly with images and text, it looks like this: Have you seen...?

Or we can revert to the standard list view.

Top Bottom