New design

That bit of code is already implemented :)

My guess is it's a user-agent applied style-sheet; i.e. it's applied by the browser after the page has rendered.

That bit of code is already implemented :)

My guess is it's a user-agent applied style-sheet; i.e. it's applied by the browser after the page has rendered.

Oops. I meant

"webkit-border-radius" rather than "border radius"

Perhaps:

Code:
input {
border-radius: 0;
webkit-border-radius: 0
}

OK. Last shot at this.

Code:
input[type=search] {
-webkit-appearance: textfield;
border-radius: 0;
webkit-border-radius: 0;
}

Seems I was looking at the wrong input type. If this doesn't work, I give up.... for now.

It most certainly is. That is not, however, to say that it is not negatable. You should see some of the mad stuff I've done with the notorious upload input.

Oh well. I'd better get back to sorting my accounts out.

before.PNG
after.PNG
after.PNG

Well, here you go. There is something else at play here. That CSS solution should work fine.

These screenshots show some of the changes between the old and new style.
Old on the left, new on the right.

Use the left and right arrows in the lightbox to switch between the two.
old.pngnew.png

Ignore the orange links, that's just to help me identify where they all are.

Phew. the Orange is not pretty. May I suggest that the Headings of the forums are white. Green and Black is the most common problem for people who suffer colour blindness.

Black, greys and oranges can work well. Orange and white is a bit washy. Especially applied to a reading medium.

I never saw the old site. Thanks for the screens.

I reckon, fix the nav bar to the top of the browser. will aid users in not having to spend so much time scrolling.

Also, the shadow which is at the top of the browser window loses it's metaphor when you scroll. If a style like that is to be applied where it looks as though it is attached to the browser and not the web page then it would be much better to use fixed positioning. That said, you wouldn't want the shadow looming over the content, so perhaps it's not a winner.

Further to that. If you were to fix the navbar to the top of the browser and then apply the shadow beneath the nav itself, then this could potentially be quite elegant. I would pall back a little on the depth and strength of the shadow in this instance though.

I'm just spitting it out as it comes to me, else I will forget.

Back
Top Bottom