MotoGP MotoGP 2013 Season in One Thread Thread, it's ALL here!

Lorenzo and Pedroza aren't fully fit because they've both had hard crashes trying to out pace and out qualify a dastardly young Spanish bloke who has pushed the envelope. He has studied and learned most of their tricks and added a good few of his own.

Jorge will beat him on tracks where the Yamaha has the advantage over the Honda but where there is machine parity or Honda advantage he will have somewhat more difficulty. Dani will have a hard time even if physically 100pc fit because the knocks he has taken and injuries he has suffered will have taken the edge off of his bravado.

Marquez adapts to circuits and variable track conditions like no bike racer I've ever seen. In one corner his riding style will look like Mick Doohan, in another like Rossi, another like Dani and in yet another his style will will look as smooth Jorge's. He brakes as late as Casey Stoner and when he is cornering with his knee and elbow skimming the ground, well that's just him. No one else sustains that technique for as long through a corner and at the corner speeds he maintains.

Bike race pundits said there were only three aliens left in MotoGP when Casey retired. Not so, with Marquez we still have four and one of them at least has peaked. Marquez is but a rookie in the class but a newbie to MotoGP watching would be forgiven for thinking that he has been on the big bike for yonks.

Yikes!!! I think I'm a fan!:o

Thoroughly enjoyed that race. How can Marquez be compared to Vettel?? As far as I can see Marquez has to fight his own corner (no number 2 in that team) and does so with some damn exciting moves.
Yes he qualified on pole and finished first but it's not like a Red Bull off into the distance race. Mark fought for that win.
I was cheering for Hayden as he took a cheeky punt at Dovi - the rallycross was so funny & good on Bradders to whistle past for the place.
It's good to see Rossi at the sharp end again but I do worry for Cal next year.
Have to say I'm finding the motogp far more exciting a season than the F1 <runs for cover>

Despite all the praise for Rossi he was riding the same bike as his not completely fit team mate yet finished far behind him. Yamaha should be grooming a replacement, maybe next season they will be.

Rossi may have lost some of his spark Bill Boddy but he will and does bring in more punters and sells more merchandise and more bikes than any other rider in the paddock past and present...

If Rossi wants to stay with Yamaha then he will stay, I don't think Yamaha will make him leave...

I doubt that the bike was designed for Lorenzo during his first championship year. If Rossi is so valuable to Yamaha why do they not build the bike to suit him?

Lorenzo only won that year because Rossi was injured and he had no competition, and I don't know how far into the season Yamaha knew Rossi was coming back so the bike was probably already set.

I reckon Jeremy Burgess will sort the bike out soon enough for him, and with a bit of luck he will be back to his winning ways...

Marquez takes win number four in a row, last time this was done was Rossi in 2008, the record is seven in a row also Rossi in the first ever MotoGP season.
Marc also has the most wins for a rookie ever

I hope the BBC shows all of the Barry Sheene tribute ride at Silverstone next week, because if they don't they can stick their licence fee up their collective arseholes and I'll ram my boot up there to make sure it stays put..

Marquez is the absolute kiddy, just brilliant, how anyone can call him boring is beyond me, the lads a bloody genius..

Last edited:
Its boring knowing that Borequez will probably win 85% of all the races over the next decade and there are only two non-Spaniards that can win (after Rossi retires). Marco was tragically taken and Crutchlow threw away his career on the Poocati.

It was shaping up nicely, but now Marquez has just done what Vettel has, while the others have faltered due to various reasons.

Marquez won't have it all his own way for one thing he is young and the young feel invincible (I know I did.) one day he will have a big crash and it will make him think.

Anyway Marquez has actually livened this season up, the last two seasons with Rossi on the Ducati and no personality Stoner in the frame were very boring...

If you want boring watch the F1.
I don't find Marquez boring at all, he's brought a fresh challenge to the paddock & has shown he deserves a top end bike.
I don't remember him getting in front by the first corner and swanning off into the distance too often, usually he's chasing down another bike & overtaking for position. Anyway, it's halted Jorge's ridiculous winning celebrations...the man could get an oscar for some of those!
Gutted for Cal crashing out, shows how much he's pushing & still gutted he's going to Ducati next year.
What a waste of talent unless they've really discovered something special we don't know about, I'm not sure if Pol is ready for MotoGP yet.
I wonder how much the Yamaha will be geared towards Lorenzo or Rossi next year??
Ah well, roll on Silverstone...anyone know if it's going to be raining?

Sooner or later the cooperation between Audi and Ducati will pay off, just look at Merc. this year in F1.
No one can say forever in the dump and certainly not Ducati. And maybe Cal can control the Duc like Stoner did?

Back
Top Bottom