MotoGP MotoGP 2013 Season in One Thread Thread, it's ALL here!

Don't you watch the moto2/3 races? If you did, it was on after that.
Although the motogp should have been on bbc1/2 instead of some random repeat.

mjo I would watch Moto 2 and 3 but it means sitting through hours of racing in one stint and there is simply no way of recording from the red button let alone timer record it I could watch it on catch up I suppose but by then I already know the results....

If you have a means of recording normal TV cahnnels the red button is 301.
Now that assumes the BBC actually puts things on when they say they do....hmm...
FB thanks for the listing. I need to iplayer Sunday's races too.

Speshal Marquez really is doing a fantastic job, no one can deny that. Can't help but think that one day his super agressive way of throwing that bike in with the rear wheel in the air is going to cost him big time one day

mjo BBC don't tend to show Moto2/3 races, although they have them on iPlayer where, unfortunatley, I've been watching a lot of my MotoGP this year. It does annoy me how they keep changing which channel it's on, or whether it's on Red Button

Speshal Marquez really is doing a fantastic job, no one can deny that. Can't help but think that one day his super agressive way of throwing that bike in with the rear wheel in the air is going to cost him big time one day
Unfortunately it cost Dani big today. :(
Apparently Marc hit and damaged the traction control sensor on Dani's bike.

If I were Honda I would move that sensor.

Last edited:
One thing about Marquez is that he pushes so hard he frequently looks like he is bound to make mistakes, as he does from time to time. He gets away with it by lightning fast corrections and a fair bit of luck, however it would not be surprising to see him have a bone breaking accident one day.

No team orders according to Livio Suppo at Honda regarding Pedrosa and Marquez which could work in Lorenzo's favour

Marquez has been cautioned for pushing the boundaries of aggressive riding...when you're young you're pretty much invincible in taking the bumps and bruises until the age catches up with you and the tumbles begin to hurt more and set in the mind

It happened with Schwantz and Rossi so I am sure probably Marquez will feel the same the next upstart comes along

Marquez is no worse than any of the top riders. Why he cops so much flak is beyond me. Bashing farings, elbows and knees is nothing unusual in bike racing and Rossi and Lorenzo are still doing the hard stuff even today. In fact I would say that Marc's transgressions have been, in the main, quite mild compared to some others I could name. The fact is that he has one hand on the championship and that scares the hell out of the old guard. They can see a Doohan/Rossi/Stoner like domination of MotoGP in the making. One could liken it to Vettel and F1 but it won't be that dull. It will be bump and bore all the way which is what makes the sport exciting.

Considering the FOM felt the need to pack the grid with the second rate :sick: CRT squads to blow some new wind into MotoGP, a few more like Marquez would be far better fresh air.

Last edited:
I wonder how Stoner would have felt racing against Marquez. Marquez is a phenomenon but I wonder when he gets the big crash then it will start to hit him.

Lorenzo has been brilliant in his defence of the title ... it is really Pedrosa who has been weak seeing he was expected to take over from Stoner on the fastest bike and win the title he deserves but Marquez decided to upset things and has phenomenal consistency

Watching the race on TV and you see Marquez seems to be much more aggressive with his bike and travelling faster than either Lorenzo or Pedrosa seems to be

The strength Marquez has is in his braking ability, all riders use the front brake more than the rear this goes for your average road rider too the rear brake only really comes into its own when it is wet I could quite happily ride a bike all day long in the dry with only the front brake to hand, but what Marquez does is brake so hard that the rear wheel is off the ground and yet he still manages to turn into the corner at the same time just on the front wheel, he is without doubt the only rider I have ever seen who can do this, he literally is unique in this aspect of riding a motorcycle, he will win this years championship as a rookie and he thoroughly deserves it....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom