MotoGP MotoGP 2012 pre-season discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Such a shame to lose team Rizla Suzuki for the next two years at least. Or at worse if they don't come back again it'll be awful not seeing those Light blue bikes on the grid.

Hopefully Randy De Puniet finds himself a ride somewhere as he was really banking on a ride with Suzuki but now they've pulled out i'm slightly worried for the Frenchmens chances of a ride.

A request: Does anyone have footage of the 2001 Australian motogp? (The one with nine bikes within 1.2 seconds of each other) Cheers.

I remember watching that last race listening to the commentary, hearing 'The worlds heart will sink if you get passed Pirro' and 'I'm supporting Pirro, i have no shame in saying that' I then wondered, why will the worlds heart sink, but I'll support you anyway! It wasnt till he finished won the race till I found out he was a Gresini rider

That would be awesome for the Welsh if they could get a race track built do there. Wales is missing a world class motosport venue, could take other forums of motosport there with GP2 Maybe racing there when F1 goes over the pond to Canada or America.

It'll be half a dozen kids with a couple of bottles of fizzy pop and some bollards they've nicked from the council depot racing two Grifters, an Italjet and a mobility scooter for prizes of a shag with the local slapper and two or three blasts on the glue bag.
If it's the Ebbw Vale that I know.

The following teams have one bike:
BQR-Blusens
Cardion AB Motoracing
Forward Racing
Ioda Racing
Keifer Racing
LCR Honda
Marc VDS Racing Team
Paddock GP Racing
Paul Bird Motorsports
Pramac Ducati
Speed Master

So 11 teams with one rider.
All the rest (Ducati, Honda, Tech 3, Yamaha, San Carlo Gresini, and Aspar Team) have two bikes.

One thing i'd say is Wikipedia is being quite traditional as a Reliable source. Which means not very!

I believe Keifer and Paddock GP are not now moving up. And BQR may have two riders.

Mottomatters says there are 19 confirmed with 5 unconfirmed riders. One is BQR and Yonny Herandez which seems a dead Cert.

MotoGP Have revealed a provisional list for Moto 2.
http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/174183/1/2012_moto2_team_entry_list_announced.html

There's also a list of who has been confirmed for them on MottoMatters to.

Aprilla seem to be causing a bit of a fuss with there entry with Aspar. Questions about legality, The Claiming Rules Teams are not supposed to have direct manufacturer input. Some are claiming weather that Aprilla are trying to enter MotoGP via the backdoor by building both a chassis and engine.

The Rules are not exactly black and white it seems and this could be the first test for them

Reactions: mjo
So Petronas has left Yamaha and currently have no major backers at all now for next season.

Seems pretty bizarre to me. Even in this 'financial climate'. As David Emmett put it. No anniversary in 2012 for Yamaha which was a saving grace or sorts for them in 2011. i.e It gave them an excuse. I know is a bad example with a Major Drinks company being WDC and WCC champions but could you see the top 2 team in F1 having no main sponsor? Apparently the Budget is between 30 and 50 million euros a season for them. Wonder who is going to foot the bill?

I am a "casual viewer" for Moto GP....but I went off the boil.

Can someone tell me how is Hayden is a World Champion? Or how he has totally gone Felipe Massa?

Can't remember what season it was, but I enjoyed watching it when Rossi, Lorenzo and Stoner where all joint on points with Lorenzo and Rossi having a major scrap in Catalunya. Then Rossi pulled away and took the piss....and I lost interest.

Nicky Hayden had a great season, considering the Ducati was poor, you have to bear in mind that there will be a huge amount of subjectivity on this subject, from every contributor I guess.
All the front runners in 11 are great racers, and the fact that so many are real battlers made it a great season.
Me? I think Lorenzo's a little twat, Casey Stoner is a whinging litle tosser and that all the others are (were) ace.
Tie that in with Moto2 and 125 and you've got a travelling circus that makes F1 look like Fred Carno's Army (google will help you with that parallel, Sly).
Roll on 2012 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom