MotoGP MotoGP 2011 discussion

But why should an incident warrant a penalty just because in one case the worst happens and in the other it doesnt if the moves were as dangerous. I realise it is more contentious than the rest of what I posted but both were high risk moves.

More importantly, there is still the Rossi - Stoner incident you haven't answered. It is inconsistent so it is unfair.

Why assume not penalising Rossi was correct?

Sorry I think you misunderstood - I wasn't assuming anything, which ever way the rules are applied it needs to be consistent that is all. For this incident to be picked out over others is unfair, whether they are all punished or none does affect fairness.

Personally I would like to see them all go down as racing incidents but if they are to be punished, they all should be.

I have to say Sideshow seemed in the wrong.

Having said that, they were so close neither had an excuse to be at the scene of an accident. The one thing I was unsure of was the with Pedroza having better visibility (from a gnats behind) did Sideshow have the room to safely ride around him bearing in mind the braking competition?

Quite so Evil, although I would say that Rossi took Stoner out as a consequence of having lost control of his machine. Furthermore Rossi had no hesitation in accepting responsibility for is actions and in a way was penalised by virtue of losing positions in the race. Incidentally (no pun intended), had Stoner not turned his motor off after the spill he may well have been able to resume racing (we'll never know for sure - it's a rumour). Oh, blast, there's another thing ... Stoner and his team had no problem with Rossi. Their comlaint was with the marshalling as they believe Rossi got preferential treatment in assisting his remount and recovery to the race.

Anyone who was watching the race on the Beeb could be forgiven for taking the "no fault" view as commentators and pundits alike roundly condemned the stewards decision. Their apparent lack of understanding though is illustrated by two points:

1) Pedrosa will have been looking "through" the corner as he was taking it (car racers do the same) and his bike doesn't have mirrors. So he may have heard where Simoncelli was but he would not have seen him until the moment of the "chop".
2) Simoncelli did not get excluded as Watti seemed to be convinced was the result of hte penalty. He got a ride through which cost him 2nd, 3rd and 4th places.

I now understand why Steve Parish never made world champion on bikes and fully understand how he made world champ in Trucks:D

Apologies to Steve Parish with one 'R' for spelling Steve Parrish with two 'R's with one 'R' and apologies to Steve Parrish with two 'R's for spelling Steve Parrish with one 'R'. Is this what they mean by a pain in the 'R's?:)

He also burnt down a toilet block in Poland.........back on topic, as mentioned in commentary, had that been Rossi there would have been no penalty. Slightly unfair but big Bob is one to watch out for, aside from that incident he could well have got 2nd today on a customer bike and a Honda to boot, not bad for a gangly chap who doesn't know the italian for barber.

Wow, Parish blowing up a brothel is the coolest thing I've read in a long time.

As for consistency, there's no point being consistent with poor decisions and the Rossi incident was a different kettle of fish. I'll admit however I'm still pretty new to MotoGP.

Check out Rossi and Lorenzo in last year's Motegi GP (i think) and you'll see how physical it can get.

I only saw quali, i was out for the race. What happened to Crutchlow? Out on lap 22? He had a really great grid position:disappointed:

Watching MGP qualifying right now. Pedrosa notracing this weekend (nor Silverstone next week), broken collarbone (thanks to Sillycelli at last round). Colin Edwards out with ... broken collarbone yesterday in FP. Looks like Abraham has just done his. Grid down to 14 riders. Doh.

Edit 13.20 BST. Abraham returns to track. Battered and bruised but not out. Grid back to 15 - hoping it stays that way.

Edit: 14.00 BST : Marco Sillycelli puts his satellite team Honda on pole for tomorrows MGP! :o I might not like him but he is rather good isn't he?;)

: Marco Sillycelli puts his satellite team Honda on pole for tomorrows MGP! :o I might not like him but he is rather good isn't he?;)

He has better (more) hair than me so he looks crazy.
I wasn't really a fan of his in 125 and 250 but he is a great rider, I'd like to see him eclipse Jorge Lorenzo before Lorenzo eclipses Valentino!!

Great scrap for the win in the 125s, check it out if you can folks. One for the stewards to mull over.

Very disappointing end result in the 125s I thought.

I don't watch that much bike racing (outside MotoGP), so maybe I'm missing something here, but it looked to me like Zarco and Terol were just... racing. Zarco was barely on the track himself, and I didn't see any real untoward movement, only the natural movement you might do when a bike is right next to you. Terol shouldn't have much to complain about, he simply ran out of room, mostly because he took the last corner poorly and went wide.

So instead of a fantastic race of mind games played by Terol, and hard battling by Zarco, all we got was a poor decision (in my opinion) that spoilt a good race, presumably because Zarco upset the Spanish stewards and Terol had a good bitch about it.

Was really enjoying it.. until the word of an investigation came up. And as soon as that came up, with the crowd booing Zarco, you knew that he was going to get a penalty of sorts.

Oh and lastly, the term "illegal overtake" is absolutely hideous.

Back
Top Bottom