MotoGP MotoGP 2011 discussion

That was the most disappointing MotoGP race I have ever watched.
Really? I thought Catalunya was worse.

I think the problem with Moto GP is the lack of riders: less riders - less action. Hopefully next year will be good though :)
Also, have you noticed that in every race (apart from Qatar) there has been a reasonably large threat of rain??

An additional few teams getting entry for next season, so just stick in there. Next year will be mental.:thumbsup:

Not enough starters. They ought to double the field. I just can't watch Moto GP at the moment as there are just not enough bikes and riders on track to provide a decent spectacle.

I agree there aren't enough bikes in the field this year. Next year should be better as 4 or 5 new teams are coming in, thaanks to the new regs making things a little cheaper.
Good races yesterday though, I can't believe that Lorenzo managed to pass Stoner after he lost ground into the right hander going down the hill on the last lap. I think Stoner deliberately backed off slightly more than he had to in order to make Lorenzo check his line to avoid hitting him. Great to see Pedrosa over his injury and winning again. I realy hope Ducati can sort that bike out soon. It's plain to see that Vale has no confidence at all in the front of the bike

Brilliant race at Laguna this weekend. Did you guys see Lorenzo's highside in Saturday practice? Stoner, Lorenzo and Pedrosa are just in a different league to the rest, should be a cracking end to the season. Also nice to see Lorenzo and Pedrosa acting a bit more civil to each other recently.

Just under a 3 week break and it'll be time for the Moto Gp cirus to hit Bruno, where John Hopkins will be a wild card for Suzuski.

Not been into Moto GP for long, but I wonder if the wild card system could be implemented in F1 somehow? Was talking about it on Muzz and the thought of a lone-wolf team created to give one young driver at each race a chance (along with a team's worth of engineer's/pit crew) in, say, a 2010 Sauber would be quite interesting. Couldn't get in the way more than HRT.

A wild card system could well work for new teams coming into F1, but i can't see the FIA allowing it though. Shame really as it could give young and up coming drivers a taste of what F1 can be all about, but now must teams at the back just go for an experienced head and a paid driver.

I wouldn't wish to dampen enthusiasm for the idea but wild card riders in MotoGP are rarely if ever rookies in the class. The wild cards in 125 and Moto2 are usually top level competitors in their home series in the equivalent classes. The Hopper is a very experienced MGP rider having done many seasons for Suzuki. The young driver programmes being run by the established teams (e.g. Red Bull, McLaren, etc) have thus far been doing very well at bringing up new talent (Vettel, Hamilton, etc.) so I don't think we should be too worried about young people not getting a shot. The reason the back of the grid teams hire the drivers the do is a) to have an experienced driver to help develop the car and b) to bring some well needed cash. If they get to be mid-field or higher they may then have more room for manoeuvre with regard to driver selection.

That's the other problem with wild card riding. The Hopper's injury is going to hurt him in his SBK championship fight as well. Bummer.:(

Bah he might of got second without the barnet though, wonder how many thenths he loses by having about 2 tonnes of hair.

Ducati's looking a little more encouraging, and the suzukis too, wonder if we could see 4 differnt msnufactors battling for the win at the end of the season, that would makes things very juicy.

That's the other problem with wild card riding. The Hopper's injury is going to hurt him in his SBK championship fight as well. Bummer.:(

Well hopefully not, this time. 3 broken fingers it sohlud heal up in no time, although i have no idea when the next british superbike round is, stopped it when it went all Nascar stylie.

Back
Top Bottom