MotoGP MotoGP 2011 discussion

I'm almost with you Enja, I think the fact that Zarco leaned out to push Terol onto the green stuff that did it.
It is in no way a decision that I applaud but reckon that's their reasoning. Those last 4 laps were great though eh?

Indeed they were :thumbsup:, especially the way Terol put the pressure on Zarco by letting him into the lead. The commentators were saying he'd done that before and it had backfired.

But yes, a good race, a nice finish, but bittersweet.

Thrills & spills in Moto2. I'm not sure how highly to rate Sofuoglo, whether he's a big talent for the future or a Hector Barbera (one of my all time favourites) crash, bang, wallop lunatic.

I don't quite agree with the stewards for Zarco/Terol, in the last couple of bends Terol was swerving about. In moto2, Bradl is such a talent, and Marquez is now on his feet and could become a threat later on in the season. Not too sure about Sofoglu. And Moto GP was the worst race of the three once again :rolleyes:

125's great race with lot's of action - but most of it missed by the coverage, until....

Zarco, with the race in his pocket motoring along side but with half a wheel in front of Terol (they are both on the red & white with Terol running out kerb), decides to slide across his seat, stick his left elbow out and lean onto Terol. Nico cannot rejoin the track without negotiating the change in surface (i.e. kerb to grass and dirt) and it is only good fortune that the contact was slight and that Nico could keep the bike i a straight line and reasonably in control.

The consequences of Zarco's blatant and unprovoked barging of his opponent could have been so much worse. We have had rider's hospitalised and their championships destroyed by this kind of behaviour. Remember these guys are on motorcycles with no protective safety cells or roll bars. Whilst 125's are obviously slower than the bigger classes they can still have big crashes. However, more importantly this behaviour is not the kind one expects to be carried into the more senior categories. Thus the penalty today was not unique and fully in line with the way similar transgressions have been dealt with in the past.

If the opportunity arises to see the replays, the camera angle following Terol and Zarco from behind provides the best view point. Zarco is clearly seen moving bodily from right to left (not to transfer his body weight to stabilize his bike in exiting the corner) in order to lean onto Terol. Simultaneously he pushes against Terol at least twice with his left elbow. If one did that a colleague at work one would face a disciplinary action for assault!

Anyway, Moto 2 was good. MGP boring without Danny Pedrosa in the mix.

Well with MotoGp class, roll on 2012......maybe not, actually not sure i like this 'Claiming Rule' Idea, sounds like two classes in one race to me. Riders attitude nerking me off has well. Since when have other dirders been judge jury and executioner. It has little todo with racing or safety either. Just egos. And you know what they say about people in glass houses......

Im gutted about Juilan Simion. That was such a nasty crash, could of been a lot worse then a broken leg,Racing incident? I think so, i didn't look like to me Sofoligliu was trying to make a move. Got it wrong in the corner and had nowhere togo but its being investigated, and apprently Sofoligliu has had a habit of crashing into things in the past inWorld Supersport though.

The whole of the Grand Prix package could do with a good title fight though. Terol and Bradl seem to have a little too much in the 125 and Moto2, and the only way Stoner it seems is going to lose the champ is if he literally throws it away.

Zarco's penalty was harsh though imo. There was no need to drop him 20 seconds. I personallly didn't see this 'blatenly obiviuos' elbows and shoving he did. though shouldn't of squzeed Terol though so much.

Other all that great to see Moto 2 and 125cc have some great racing though. Its really needed at the moment.

I'd like to at least give Cal Crutchlow a mention in here for that race. I'm hoping he can continue to push that bike into the top 5:cheer:

I'd like to at least give Cal Crutchlow a mention in here for that race. I'm hoping he can continue to push that bike into the top 5:cheer:

Oh dear - not today :( broken collar bone in quali.

Does anyone else think that Valentino made a mistake going to Ducati? admittedly I should have been a match made in heaven but the duke has been a bit of a handful for the last few seasons and only Casey seems to have been able to tame it.

Another great win for Stoner at a very wet Silverstone. Another not-so-good effort from Simoncelli.

I didn't see the Moto 2 race due to a 'don't blink or you'll miss something' Le Mans, but another good win for Bradl, and a great performance (apparently) from our own Bradley Smith, coming from 28th on the grid to finish 2nd.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/92265

I must try and catch it on the Eurosport re-runs.

I felt the 125s were a bit lacklustre today, maybe the qual rain had an influence. Lovely ride from the winner though - I won't spoil the result for you.

I enjoyed the Moto2 and as in the senior class the Repsol sponsored bikes seem to have a DRS button down the straights - great result for Bradders :D

I'll just pop this one in here shall I?

324730961_LmCXg-L.jpg

Thought the same thingg Spesh and a fantastic race today however I think Rossi deserved 7th but well done to Suzuki and Nicky 'The Kentucky Kid' Hayden

All 3 races absolutely cracking today. If you're not following 125 and Moto2 I strongly suggest that you do, Eurosport has coverage of both.

All 3 races absolutely cracking today. If you're not following 125 and Moto2 I strongly suggest that you do, Eurosport has coverage of both.

Bloody Beeb would rather show bloody diving than 125s!>:( No-one cared about diving a couple of years ago...

But I agree two terrific races (possible three). Marc Marquez really is a future Rossi, we know what happened last year when he got into his stride, 3 in a row currently. Do Moto2 race in Laguna, 250s didn't as two-strokes were banned, but they weren't there last year.

Here comes a bold statement: Marc Marquez will win the Moto GP in 2013 or 2014 (or both)

Fact I have just discovered, today was the first race where not all finishers scored points. A complete 17 bike feild started and finished.

Back
Top Bottom