MotoGP MotoGP 2011 discussion

125s were a little tame but the result was interesting.
Moto 2 great so far............................

Just watching a bit of MotoGP, not sure what class is racing but it's at Le Mans.

I don't really understand the mentality of these riders, the only crumple zones they have when a crash happens are their own arms and legs! Crazy fools give me 4 wheels and a sturdy chassis anyday.

I disagree, Pedrosa would have seen him coming around the outside and tried to drag Simoncelli out wide on the brakes when he realised it was too late he stood it up, causing him to fall off

If they are going to be punishing moves that cause contact and may be dangerous, why was Lorenzo not punished from earlier in the race when he scraped past Dovizioso, which could have ended just as badly, or even more so; Rossi on Stoner a couple of races back.

If they are going to be punishing moves that cause contact and may be dangerous, why was Lorenzo not punished from earlier in the race when he scraped past Dovizioso, which could have ended just as badly, or even more so; Rossi on Stoner a couple of races back.

COULD have.

Pedrosa coldn't do anything to avoid tripping right over sideshow bob.

But why should an incident warrant a penalty just because in one case the worst happens and in the other it doesnt if the moves were as dangerous. I realise it is more contentious than the rest of what I posted but both were high risk moves.

More importantly, there is still the Rossi - Stoner incident you haven't answered. It is inconsistent so it is unfair.

Racing incidents, all of them. The only thing worth punishment this weekend was Casey Stoner punching Randy De Puniet...........

Ever tried to execute an emergency stop on two wheels whilst leaning at angle 55 degrees? Trust me, on a bike when you're on the racing line and someone chops in front you either lay it down or stand it up to brake. Simoncelli knows where a racing line is but his spacial awareness is next to hopeless. He has demonstrated his lack of judgement in this area throughout his racing career. If he doesn't learn from his mistakes he'll just keep on doing this stuff. I don't think he's too aggressive, rather he's careless. It's a shame because in terms of speed and bike control he's one of the best.

Well bike racing is tough, if Simoncelli misjudged his braking and the result was an exit for Pedrosa then that's a shame. He's not a veteran MotoGP competitor and if you've judged that he's deliberately put another rider at risk then I agree that's a serious offence, my view is that it was hard competitive racing; we've seen it before and it's one major reason why I love the sport.

I am not suggesting he does these things deliberately. His problem is that he does not seem to take account of where the other rider is going to go in relation to his own trajectory. Maybe one can get away with a chop like that racing on four wheels but the best riders (like the best drivers) understand the need to factor in their opponents situation in relation to their own. I've watched Simoncelli's entire career and what he did today was not a one off. His severest critics accuse him of being too aggressive which is why I made a point of saying I think it is something more fundamental in his make-up - i.e. a lack of spacial awareness.

My friend Rob who was watching this with me noted several laps before the incident that it was going to happen. He read the body language and the mood Simo' was in. He was correct.:)

Back
Top Bottom