Lotus Renault Driver Change

You're all masively misunderstanding my wishes.

What I hate is money getting a guy seat which, on talent, he doesn't deserve. Chandock bested him at HRT (Chandock finished higher than Bruno six times, Bruno finished higher than Chandock...once. Bruno, the man who once beat Karun Chandock. Well done lad.) so if it has anything to do with ability why not give Chandock the seat. I'd like to see a guy take a seat based on ability, I'd like for him to show he's in F1 because of what he can do with a car, not because of what his uncle did.

I believe Nick has been mistreated and that he was Renualt's strongest driver, but if someone else proves to be stronger then F1 is better for it. If someone prove to be weaker but has better sponsors then F1 is worse for it.

I've made my opinions on Eric clear. You can trust him as far as you* can throw him. It's not Bruno's second name, it's not the money: He thinks Karun Chandock's whipping boy is a better team leader. Aha yeah, I believe you pal. Honest.

*I highlight you because I could throw him pretty bloody far right now.

I've made my opinions on Eric clear. You can trust him as far as you* can throw him. It's not Bruno's second name, it's not the money: He thinks Karun Chandock's whipping boy is a better team leader. Aha yeah, I believe you pal. Honest.

That's a bit misleading, I think they will be looking for Petrov to lead the team for the rest of the season or call it quits on this years car.

No way will someone with Bruno's experience come in and become team leader in a car which he has never raced, nor raced under the new rules, and was mediocre at HRT.

I agree with the rest of your points though...

While Heidfeld may be leading Petrov by two points I don't think he has been the better driver this year. I seem to remember quite a few of Heidfeld's points came at the start of the season when he qualified badly and used the amount of fresh tyres he had to charge through the field. Now that isn't working as effectively it looks like Petrov has a handle on Heidfeld in both qualifying and the races.

As for Senna's talent, yes he was beaten by Chandhok but it's difficult to judge a drivers skill in a car like last years HRT especially seeing as Chandhok only raced at the start of the season when the team had only just formed together really. We might aswell give Senna his guaranteed two races and see how he fares relative to Petrov then make a reasonably informed decision as to whether he belongs in Formula 1.

Well he's looking good in third practise. Several places ahead of Petrov. Be interesting to see how quali itself goes. Though the weather may make a lottery of it.

While Heidfeld may be leading Petrov by two points I don't think he has been the better driver this year. I seem to remember quite a few of Heidfeld's points came at the start of the season
Points scored are here: http://cliptheapex.com/pages/2011-results/

After 4 races (Turkey), Heidfeld and Petrov were on the same points.
After 7 races (Canada), Petrov was 2 points ahead - that was with 1 retirement and 1 podium each.

It's worth pointing out Petrov retired because he tried to vault an F1 back onto a circuit.
Heidfeld retired thanks to a Japanese Zero on a kamikaze mission!

Oh well, Bruno's earning his place so far.

Personally, I'm over the moon to see Bruno SENNA make a show to the doubters. He's outqualified his team-mate, who has had all season in the car, and proven to have talent. Ok, so he may not be his uncle, but certainly based on his showing today, he deserves a seat in F1!

Give him time. All drivers have peaks and troughs (is that the phrase/) and we still don't know his sunday form. Seen as I've got to accept he's got the seat, we may as well make this a judgement in the long term.

I remember someone here saying that, when Heidfeld went head to head with Senna for the race seat, they both had the same one lap pace.

Maybe Petrov had a bad day? Not exactly had the best weekend since he's had problems in practice.

Hats off to Mr Senna for today. Didn't expect it but good performance. If he keeps doing that we might have to start re-evaluating how Petrov and Heidfeld have been doing this season.

Senna was the Hero of qualifying for me. Absolutely. No question.

And it wasn't only his Q3 time...it was his consistency in relation to Petrov throughout Qually.

Boullier, it seems, did the correct thing. Even if Senna had qualified behind Petrov - which wasn't the case obviously - he would still be adding value to the team.

Clearly, Heidfeld was being paid to do a job he wasn't doing...So, why pay someone to do something someone else can do just as well for free?

Indeed, in this case, that someone else did a better job - and it's better than free!

Boullier is looking like a Sage because, so far, Senna's looking better than full value for money.

Kindly recall that 20 years ago - at this same track - Schumacher's Jordan ride was paid for by Sauber/Mercedes...and he too qualified 7th!

Irony.

I am wondering how much of Bouillier's is being influenced by the dark Lord Dany Bahar in the background or someone whispering we need "Senna in a Lotus Renault" to ease the situation.

Some of the decision has to be financial as we all know Petrov brings in $15m of sponsors and Heidfeld has very little.

I think what Eric has thought is Nick show us what you can do being team leader like you've been asking

Also as someone has pointed out Heidfeld's had too many poor qualifying sessions where is he is 15th/16th or so which is poor for a car that is on equal par or slightly behind MErcedes its disappointing the team.

I've always thought HEidfeld is a good team player but not a team leader he does not show that attitude in him hence the name Quiet Nick. I know someone will remind us of Raikkonen..the difference is when Kimi stepped into the car you saw it in him

I think Bruno deserves a mention for his quali and perhaps Nick Heidfeld will just be grimacing that much more after seeing what Bruno showed the car is capable of

Well looks like this move has paid off so far! Senna looks so much better now he's in a better car and really looks at home. Despite that little hick-up on Friday when he crashed his car, he's handled this weekend pretty well and out qualified Vitaly Petrov in his first time in qualifying spec this season. Really hope i haven't jinxed him for the race tomorrow, but think he'll score some points.

Well, what's really special about Senna's performance is that it came at one of the most challenging circuits on the planet.

Spa is a "driver's circuit" where talent can make a difference. Add in the greasy conditions they had today and you can really see that Senna's bringing more than just money into the team.

I'm happy for Bruno.

Nick Heidfeld has had a lot of chances and it's been said he was getting paid about 250,000 Pounds a race.

It was obviously not good value for money from Boullier's perspective.

Back
Top Bottom