Lotus Renault Driver Change

So basically Senna will have to and then Heidfeld might be back before Grosjean takes the rest? Or Senna 2 Grosjean 2/3 then Heidfeld through to the end?

Grosjean...He showed in 09 that he cannot produce.

Aha ha!

My friend, Alonso got only 1 third-place finish out of that Pig...at a race where Rosberg and Vettel (who were ahead of him) were penalized!

Alonso didn't "produce" with it either. Not much anyway!

Also, did you know that Grosjean's gap to Alonso in Qualifying in 2009 was similar to Massa's gap to Alonso a year later? And Grosjean had no testing of any kind and Renault were definitely running a Number 1 - Number 2 team.

So, if you think Grosjean was "awful", then what does that make Felipe'? :)

Grosjean, frankly, never got a decent shake at the tree under equal circumstances (not under Flabio's watch)...and, even if he did, there was nothing to extract ("produce") out of that Pig of a car anyway!

Grosjean?? He is a awful driver. He showed in 09 that he cannot produce. Senna would be a much better choice.

You're being unfair on Grosjean who was used as a pawn by Flavio Briatore to pressurise Nelson Piquet Jnr and when Nelsinho had enough, Flavio promoted Grosjean and really did him no favours..it was basically swapping one driver for another from his stable so he could earn back pocket money from his manager as well as team boss. Very few drivers would have delivered in those circumstances
Soon afterwards Flavio was sacked and Alonso did not care and was thinking about Ferrari. The whole team was in disarray and had no focus or direction

Eddie Jordan was wrong to criticise him knowing full well the Renault mess after early season rubbishing Piquet Jnr.

Time will tell with Grosjean. From his junior series career you can see he has some talent, but the whispers at Renault were that his application, and attitude, weren't right. If he hasn't fixed those then he may be back in GTs sooner than he'd like.

Time will tell with Grosjean. From his junior series career you can see he has some talent, but the whispers at Renault were that his application, and attitude, weren't right. If he hasn't fixed those then he may be back in GTs sooner than he'd like.

That might have been Bouillier first impression back in 2009 before he took him under his management and is working hard to get him a drive back in F1 ...being Gp2 champion possibly may help.. there is a chance that he maybe loaned to Williams Renault next season which I think maybe better off for him given Dany Bahar and Group Lotus are keeping things close to their cards about next season

If I were Grosjean I'd stay well out of this one. With the GP2 title behind him he is likely to pick a seat up anyway and doesn't want to taint himself further by coming in near the end of a season to a car that is going backwards in performance and he is unfamiliar with. What he needs to do is bask in his GP2 victory, sort a seat out for next year, get some testing in and start fresh at the begining of 2012.

If I were Eric Boullier I'd think that was best for him too. Keep him out of it and let Senna take the 8 races as performing well in them is the only way he's going to land a seat for next year too.

As for Nick taking legal actions - we all agree its unfair to him but I think he should let it go. We don't wat to remember him as the guy who ended his career by trying to get his race seat back in court.

If I were Grosjean I'd stay well out of this one. With the GP2 title behind him he is likely to pick a seat up anyway ...What he needs to do is bask in his GP2 victory...

...like Nico Hulkenberg? :)

As for Nick taking legal actions - we all agree its unfair to him but I think he should let it go. We don't wat to remember him as the guy who ended his career by trying to get his race seat back in court.

I doubt it's actually about getting his "seat back". (That's finished because Boullier just doesn't want him. When your boss simply doesn't want you, then that's the end.) It's more likely about "severence"/payment and being made whole financially. It's not as if Heidfeld was making Top Dollar...so every bit counts, especially if you've been 'constructively dismissed' or 'made redundant'. Nick's ability to earn a living from F1 is being ended by Boullier...and his lawyers will want fair compensation for it.

Nick's perfectly entitled to seek adequate compensation...'Fair' compensation...especially if there were points escelators/clauses in his contract. If that's the case, then his lawyers can argue that Nick's ability to score points (and hence generate performance bonuses for himself) is being cut off...and that Boullier needs to make him whole on that front.

Hulkenberg did pick up a seat after he won the GP2 championship don't you remember Ray? He may have lost it a year later but he did get a seat - as has every GP2 champion other than in 2008.

I guess you've just not been watching F1 for that long

I'm not sure legal action is the right way for Heidfeld to go, I think it will all but destroy his chances of getting another F1 seat in his career. Having said that I sympathise with him because sports contracts seem to be the most pointless thing in the world because they're always broken (Football being another good example).

Coming from a working background where I analyse contracts for Temporary Workers all the time I can't actually believe he has a case unless Renault have really made an arse of the contract.

When Heidfeld was brought in the situation was that he was only there for a season and as he was untested and Kubica's situation was unsure(there was talk of him being back before end of the season originally) I can't believe Renault would have been stupid enough to give him a permanent 1 year contract promising him payment and a drive in everyrace. Unless they're really stupid they would have employed him on a Contract For Services basis which would have stated the rate he would have been paid for each race but made no promises on how long the employment was to last. If this is the case then Renault are perfectly entitled too say they don't wish his services anymore and bye bye as long as they've paid him up to date including any outstanding holiday he may have earned.

If they didn't give him a contract on that basis they are very very silly as them bringing another driver in mid-season was hardly the most unpredictable of things was it? So if Nick does have a case then either he negociated very good terms or Baher, Boullier and co are morons.

hmmmm could be he has a case then!

Of course I am assuming that F1 operates on normal employment law which they probably don't.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/93985

Boullier says Heidfeld didn't provide leadership and was slower than Vitaly (which we've said repeatedly only for others to say "but Heidfeld scored the same number of points as Petrov"...)

Anyway, Boullier says there was, as a result, a "negative loop" which needed to be "shaken"...that, when you're slower than Vitaly, it's hard to be seen as a leader.

Nothing new.

Only new thing is that he said Nick showed up in Renault gear...It was odd but likely because Nick didn't want to appear in breach of what he thinks is his contract situation.

...so, as long as Nick's "promoting" the team, Boullier's fine with Nick wearing the colours and being in the garage.

Amusing times.

I think Heidfeld should just enjoy himself as Renault make a mockery of themselves.

Nick will be hoping that Sutil and Koba and Checo and di Resta absolutely wipe Vitaly's and Bruno's bum all over the Ardennes Valley this weekend.

Perhaps Evil Whippet will get some joy out of that tomorrow and day after! LOL

Back
Top Bottom