Lotus Renault Driver Change

EW will be seething as autosport say the Grosjean will take over from singapore

Again..? Isn't that where he made his debut in 2009? I think Senna should be given a 5 or 6 stint to see if he is up to it, Judging from Spa the out and out pace is actually there its just a bit of racerust he has to get rid of. It was certainly encouraging. Now with this decision, you're putting pressure on him to make a statement and be impressive at Monza, which isn't the best way to manage your drivers!

...as Renault make a mockery of themselves.

I wouldn't say that at all. They face stiff competition and are currently running on a low budget after Flabio, Simonds, Piquet and Alsonso nearly destroyed the team. they are in a process of rebuilding themselves and are doing a good job as far as I can see.

I'm suprised Grosjean is jumping back into F1 end of season again like last time. At least he's waiting until after his GP2 win sometimes but I'd have thought he'd have waited to pick up a seat for next year, get some winter testing behind him and start afresh.

Still I guess he's trying out in case Kubica doesn't come back. I reckon he will though and we'll see Grosjean get a Williams seat

If Grosjean gets his chance this season, I think there will be a lot less pressure on him this time around. I certainly had forgotten that he came in amidst the Crashgate storm and all eyes were on Renault...that and having a double world champion as your teammate would have been extremely difficult (in retrospect he did a commendable job just getting on with it). I think he has kept his head down after 2009 and earnt the right to be given a chance. I think that deserves some respect :cheer:

Back
Top Bottom