Lotus Renault Driver Change

I'm not sure about this, I like Heidfeld but maybe it is time for someone else to have a proper go, I suppose we'll only find out if it was the right decision towards the end of the season.

It may take longer than that. If the money means they can compete next year they won't be shedding any tears for Nick. Anyway. Nick's been around, he's had a good go. Give Senna a chance and if he's not up to scratch then there are plenty more waiting in the wings.

This smacks of PR, cover up the faltering results by putting Senna with the 'senna' helmet in the black and gold Renault Lotus......

This thing about the money though. He is already paying to be on the subs bench, to use a cheap footie related pun, If it is money Renault want would really make that much difference with a promotion to race seat??

Well I for one wish Bruno well. I doubt anyone could have done anything with last years HRT (or this for that matter) so I hope he takes his chance and impresses. I wonder if he will be able to match the number of spins Chandhok managed in practice?

Yeesss! I like Bruno and dont think he's had chance to show his talent yet. I also rate Petrov so this will be a good test for Bruno. Renault are looking exciting:p. Heidfeld was a nice guy but a little boring:whistle:

I won't joke, upon reading this I considered just dropping the sport altogether.

I've already spent two hours of my life in a boxing gym throwing more punches than I thought possible and yet upon reading this feel like I coulld go another hundred rounds on Boullier's snide, deluded, narcisistic face until he was nothing more than a crater. An ex-parrot.

Bruno Senna is a disgrace to his name and the sport. He defines the negative aspects of F1. Money. In his first season he was whipped by a veritable smorgasbord of below average drivers. Nick Heidfeld has run into some awful luck this season and yet he leads his teammate. But he gets dropped. He's put in some spell binding performences (Malaysia and Spain were both utter beauties.) In his last race for the team both cars were awful. It's the only track where I actually believed, pre-rae, that Vitaly would beat Nick but he was pretty poor too. They couldn't even give him a car that would finish the race without having the sort of failure that even HRT are above. Pre season Nick and Bruno went head to head in testing and Nick beat him.

This move is driven by money. You all know my thoughts. I'm in no mood for comedy right now. Ice Lollis are in my bad books for a while too.

. In his first season he was whipped by a veritable smorgasbord of below average drivers.

Beat both Virgin drivers and Yamamoto/Klien, Chandhok was the only one to finish higher than him in the drivers championship out of the HRT/Virgin driers. Wouldn't say he was whipped, best finish of 14th in the worst car on the grid.

I am not surprised, there have been many rumours of Grosjean replacing Heidfeld, and also Bruno Senna.

Since Heidfeld has not impressed as we would have thought he would have, then there's no point in Renault having a driver they don't want and still pay him.

I would see the logic in bringing in Grosjean...but Bruno?

I feel for Evilwhippet....

Another thing, I liked Petrov last year, I thought he was a bit erratic, but at the end of 2010 I thought he didn't deserve to have a race seat and the only thing that got him that seat was sponsorship and the performance at Abu Dhabi. But this year, he has impressed me, he's always in the thick of the action, providing some excitement.

Most improved driver on the grid from 2010 for me :)

Honestly? I think Heidfeld is an over-rated journeyman who has had his chance in F1. He is one step of the ladder above Jarno Trulli, although at least Trulli has won a race which is one more than 'Quick' (yeah right) Nick will ever achieve. Bruno Senna's promotion to a race seat is undoubtedly driven by money, but then this is F1. Why would any decision which is taken with money as the determining factor come as a surprise to anyone? I followed Senna through GP2 and I have to say I wasn't moved, nor did he do anything out of the ordinary at HRT which made me think he was worth graduating to a team further up the grid. I would rather have seen Grosjean get the seat as the most deserving, given his performances in GP2 and GP2 Asia. However I fully expect him to be in the seat next year as I don't think Kubica will be back. If Renault decide to keep Senna for next year, then alarm bells will ring as to the state of Renault's finances and the future will look very bleak indeed for the team.

Sucks for Heidfeld (and EW), but Renault might as well find out what they can get from Senna. He was in the car at Spa about a month ago for some sort of promotional thing, so he's got that going for him. :dunno:

If Bruno's dog slow, then at least they will know for sure. As many have already mentioned, I doubt this is the last driver change for the Lotus Renault crew this year.

Honestly, I don't think that Bruno Senna was ever given a good crack at it when he was at HRT. He was in easily the worst car on the grid, and was regularly out-qualifying his team-mates. Remember that he was lined up as a race-driver for Honda for 2009, but was only not signed up because Honda pulled out of F1. He is NOT a bad driver. All that can be said is that he lacks experience. Having a season behind him, and a properly funded seat in F1 means that he now has the opportunity to show his worth.

If he out-qualifies Petrov, then it will show his underlying talent. If he doesn't, then he should probably accept the inevitable and return to Brazil.

Back
Top Bottom