Robert Kubica Injured In Rally

I would like to point out that Schumachers daughter with whom he was "playing football" with was just two years old.
I hardly think that mean that he was recovered enough to drive an F1 car.
I for example am partially paralysed on my left hand side due to a stroke.I cannot run and have to use a stick to walk with.
I cannot operate the clutch properly in a manual car.So I drive an automatic.
But I can still kick a football around with my nine year old son.

rofl.gif
Very likely did get an earbashing.But he was out for three months.

Good news.

Having read that and the bit about the forthcoming operations though, I just can't see him ever racing again.

Even if he does get fully fit, his joints are never going to be the same again and there is a huge amount of pressure put on the wrists and ankles.

It will be an uphill task.He has suffered some very severe injuries.Whether or not he can ever regain the strenght he needs to race in F1 is anyones guess.
Other series less demanding may be possible.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/89377
He warned that doing the surgery in a single session would be a significant task.
"Yes, we were thinking of doing surgery in a single session," Dr Lanza said. "We are inclined towards that. But obviously it depends on the patient's general state, because tomorrow's session is long: there is the astragalus, the humerus, the neck of the humerus, perhaps we'll need to insert some bone material, so that's already a complex operation.
"On top of that there is the elbow, but if possible we would like to do everything in a single session. No question that surgery time would be long, we'd need six or seven hours."

His right arm seems to have been destroyed in the crash, he already has his left arm pinned with titanium so even though he recovered from that 1st injury to start a career in F1 would be be fit enough to recover again?

His right arm seems to have been destroyed in the crash, he already has his left arm pinned with titanium so even though he recovered from that 1st injury to start a career in F1 would be be fit enough to recover again?

It was actually also his right arm that is already full of titanium from his 2003 car crash

Sometimes you just weep! I wonder if this will work :rolleyes:, but Nick H is German so he's got the current Pope on his side.

Or Robert could try the surgery!

If Bob is as devout as we are lead to believe then I suspect he will be grateful for the gesture and garner strength from it - one should never underestimate the power of faith.

Just look what voodoo has done for Haiti!

If Bob is as devout as we are lead to believe then I suspect he will be grateful for the gesture and garner strength from it - one should never underestimate the power of faith.

Just look what voodoo has done for Haiti!

I think the Archbishop of Krakow is hijacking a story to show how dignified was his predecessor (and hence office), but I take your point.

Back
Top Bottom