Lewis Hamilton - Double Standards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's not forget.......Lewis was responsible for Vettel running into the back of his teammate Mark Webber, behind the safety car in Japan.

By the way, the Massa and Button incidents are not generally agreed to be his fault. Those incidents are as debatable as the rest of them. If you recall, in Buttons case he apologised to Lewis.

Certainly the Massa one, then! He went for a gap that wasn't there - Massa didn't do anything wrong.

Half the time as soon as there is an incident involving Lewis Hamilton he gets the blame as he puts the car in a position to try and attack and overtake, he can't win either way as he is an out and racer. His greatest strength that is overtaking is also his biggest weakness sometimes.As far as this weekend goes the incident in qualifing was Maldonados fault and in the race it was 50/50.

Certainly the Massa one, then! He went for a gap that wasn't there - Massa didn't do anything wrong.

Going back to an earlier reference in this thread, who do you think was at fault in the Hamilton/Webber incident in Singapore?

Going back to an earlier reference in this thread, who do you think was at fault in the Hamilton/Webber incident in Singapore?
A hate to sit on the fence, but I think that it was 50/50, much like the Hamilton/Kobayashi incident yesterday. Webber should have seen Hamilton on the inside, and Hamilton should have gotten out of the throttle. Very much 50/50.

Also, as I am extremely stubborn, I still regard the Hamilton/Button incident as very much Hamilton's fault. He could have taken Button on the other side.

A hate to sit on the fence, but I think that it was 50/50, much like the Hamilton/Kobayashi incident yesterday. Webber should have seen Hamilton on the inside, and Hamilton should have gotten out of the throttle. Very much 50/50.
As should have Massa.

He could have taken Button on the other side.
As could have Kobayashi.

Hence why some people consider there to be double standards.

Also, as I am extremely stubborn, I still regard the Hamilton/Button incident as very much Hamilton's fault. He could have taken Button on the other side.

Was just checking. Was on the hunt for double standards. I won't tell you my conclusions.

TBY

Your claim that Hamilton was ever blamed for the McLaren pilferage of Ferrari data has really left me confused, as I have never seen, heard or read such allegations. Please clarify this for me.

Lewis was to blame because if if he had not got under Alonso's skin something that most teams do would not have come to light

Also he was the first black to drive in an F1 race

There cannot be any doubt it was his fault

TBY

Your claim that Hamilton was ever blamed for the McLaren pilferage of Ferrari data has really left me confused, as I have never seen, heard or read such allegations. Please clarify this for me.

I think he means by association and mostly at the hands of those fans who refuse to accept the culpability of Alonso without some attributable blame to his nemesis.

TBY

Less reputable forums than this contained copious amounts of written diaorhea claiming Hamilton must surely have been involved, a beneficiary of, or otherwise contaminated by the scandal. I recall some ventured to suggest that Hamilton the rookie could in no way challenge for the championship in '07 were it not for the stolen Ferrari data making the McLaren superior to everything else on the grid.

Was just checking. Was on the hunt for double standards. I won't tell you my conclusions.

As should have Massa.

As could have Kobayashi.

Hence why some people consider there to be double standards.

I meant what Brogan said.

CSF

"Most teams do" it???!!! Not to my knowledge, they don't.

Of course not to anyones knowledge

Over the years there have been many cases, these are the ones who were found out as it's generally kept quiet

Therefore it's logical to assume that most teams would act on knowledge of a competitors designs

It's not rocket science to realise that in a competitive arena such as F1 the top rule is not to get caught

Alonso blew the whistle when it suited him

because of Lewis

Ergo Lewis cost McLaren 100 mill

I get sooooooo mad about these double standards. You just know that its going to be lewis' fault . As soon as a steward's investigation is mentioned and its lewis' car, well you know what the outcome will be. It's like they're trying to take away his racing edge over the others. Dont know why. I think other drivers contribute to it because it helps them out. If they put it about that lewis is dangerous then they have a better chance to win in an enquiry. And hey its working! What's really really annoying is when the old timers start. Mansell, Lauda-whats that all about? Lauda said after Canada that Lewis was mad, was dangerous, should be punished by the FIA, will kill someone:o. That was after the jenson incident. And now he's blaming him for the kobi one:thinking:Whats going on there lauda? Dont you like the boy?

Niki Lauda is again opening his trap, saying Hamilton could be one of the best in F1 if he didn't make stupid mistakes.

THE PROBLEM WITH THE WHOLE ISSUE IS THAT ALL THE EXAMPLES USED AGAINST HIM ARE THINGS HE SAID BEFORE HE EVEN SAW THE REPLAY. KOBAYASHI INCEDENT: HE SAID IT WAS KAMUIS FAULT BUT LATER SAID THE OPPOSITE AFTER SEEING A REPLAY
I TYPED THIS ALL IN CAPITALS FOR ATTENTION :|

THE PROBLEM WITH THE WHOLE ISSUE IS THAT ALL THE EXAMPLES USED AGAINST HIM ARE THINGS HE SAID BEFORE HE EVEN SAW THE REPLAY. KOBAYASHI INCEDENT: HE SAID IT WAS KAMUIS FAULT BUT LATER SAID THE OPPOSITE AFTER SEEING A REPLAY
I TYPED THIS ALL IN CAPITALS FOR ATTENTION :|

Or to make it more difficult to read?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom