Lewis Hamilton - Double Standards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never hear of Lauda or Mansel mentioned too often when we speak of the greats, both were champions and therefore underachieved in the hall of champions

I think you have to be careful to remember to separate the driver who was racing in the 70's/80's/90's and the opinions they give now. I don't agree with most of what either says, but as drivers I rank them in my all-time F1 top 10 and they both for different reasons have my respect for the way they raced throughout their careers.

Sorry, I may have seemed a little 'fanboy'-ish there! But, I do think that Hamilton gets some unfair criticism when you consider the penalties he's had this year, and compare with races where other good drivers have had 'mares in recent times. E.g. No penalties for Vettel at Spa '10 for taking Button out and hampering Liuzzi's race by crashing into him. I remember a few ridiculous penalties similar to the Spa '08 one being applied to Fernando Alonso back in '06 as well. So penalties have been applied needlessly at times to others, and they haven't been applied when they perhaps should have been.

I hate to point this out...I am a Hamilton fan....& like him...like to be fair.
Spa 2010...Vettel got a drive through for taking Button out.....didn't he? Vettel did take out chunks of others cars whilst overtaking.....and same at Silverstone........got the nicknme crashkid.

CFS
Lauda won multiple championships, including after being horribly burned at the Nurburgring. Lewis has one championship. Guess who rates higher in the "hall of champions"?

All I'm saying is that IMHO Lauda under achieved as he is generally not regarded as one of the all time greats like Prost Senna Fangio etc

Its got nothing to do with how many wcs Lewis has, he hasn't finished his career for a start, greatness is not always measured only by WCs, G Villeneuve is regarded I would say as greater than Lauda

Therefore for a guy with his wcs he under achieved, sure he had a nasty accident that would have affected him but he came back from it

Let's not go overboard here guys. Do I think Mansell harbors a bit of ill will towards Hamilton? Probably a little. Do I find some of Lauda's comments inconsistent and borderline absurd? Absolutely. But there's no need to start denigrating these guys as drivers.

Fair enough, I have my opinion about why these two brave aggressive drivers publicy denigrate Hamilton. Because they are jealous, what else could it be?

What could it be about Lewis alone that makes these guys so prejudiced? I never heard Lauda condem Webbers aggressive and clumsy driving, I never heard Mansel complain that Vetel was manufactured

What's difference between Lewis and those two?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom