Le Mans Le Mans 2015

IIRC it was due to a tree directly behind the armco, so when he hit the armco it only deformed as far as the tree, so he basically hit the tree.

And in the words of my Dad (who raced motorbikes) - 'You don't want to hit a tree, they don't move and they don't forgive'

C_A_T
I suspect that, once you attend a race at Le Mans, you will be asking yourself why it took you so long to go. It truly is an addictive race. We have attended every year since the early 60s (our parents started taking us there as youngsters) except for the year that my military duties precluded it. And since neither of us like the French, the race itself has to have some over-riding attraction to keep us coming back. The atmosphere alone is worth the price of admission.

Le Mans and the Indy 500 are IMO, the two events that any true motorsports fan has to attend at least once in their lives.

Indy 500 for sure, can't vouch for Le Mans but hopefully one day I'll be able to experience it firsthand. Definitely towards the top of my bucket list.

Half an hour to go, a couple of updates: the #63 Corvette, that crashed in qualifying on Thursday after a stuck throttle, cannot be repaired and there's no replacement chassis, so unfortunately Pratt & Miller will be down to one car.

Also, interestingly, Audi were 1-2-3 in this morning's warm-up...:popcorn:

The Nissan pace is disappointing. The car looks great, but 20 seconds off pole time is lots.

Yeah even I was surprised at that because they were an LMP1-H like the top 3 but 1 even went slower than a LMP2 car in qualifying

Huge audi 8 crash that nearly took out 18 porsche tgat webbers In as well, but i expected better fron Ferrari GT car blocking the 2nd giving him nowhere to go & squeezing him off for good measure although that pitstop was amazing as audi put on twitter in 4 mins they refuelled changed tires & drivers also had a change of front end, rear end & engine cover

Overall winners, Le Mans 2015 Earl Bamber, Nico Hulkenberg, Nick Tandy.

3e78d36c-37b5-4bf8-9010-b49196caae41_teaser_720x406x2.jpg

Definitely going with the missus next year. The general admission prices for the entire week are ridiculously good value.
I haven't been since I was 18. Has a lot changed in the bast 20 years or so in terms of the facilities etc?

I enjoyed that. Great race from the Hulk. Winning it on your first attempt. Major bragging rights for Austria next week. Happy for Webber as well, shame he messed up under yellows and and lost over a minute with the penalty or it could of been much closer.

There wasn't a dry eye on the top step of the podium. Very happy for the Hulk. Their faces were a picture when all three were presented with their own gold Rolex watch.

I managed to see quite a bit of the race on Eurosport despite an unfortunate event (she realised where I was). I don't know how the GT ams finished but it was quite something to see a911 and a Ferrari racing each other quarter of a second apart after something like 22 hours racing.

As FB said in the chat section with the benefit of hindsight the writing was on the wall, pretty much from the moment the 919's first competitive outing last year. If the car could run Audi so close at its very first race Porsche's progress margin was always going to be greater.

It depends what the rule-makers decide but already I'm starting ro wonder how much longer will Audi stick around. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that we could be at the start of a new era of Porsche domination in endurance racing, to match the glory days of the 70's and 80's.

I have to admit to being a little narked at all the praise being heaped upon Nico Hulkenberg when there were two other drivers who worked just as hard as he did to give Porsche the win. In other Le Mans news, Class winners were:

LMP2 - KCMG Oreca 05 Nissan, Matthew Howsen (GB), Richard Bradley (GB), Nicolas Lapierre (F)
LMGTE Pro - Corvette Racing GM Chevrolet Corvette C7.R, Oliver Gavin (GB), Tommy Milner (US), Jordan Taylor (US)
LMGTE Am - SMP Racing Ferrari 458 Italia, Viktor Shaitar (RUS), Aleksey Basov (RUS), Andrea Bertolini (IT)

Back
Top Bottom