Jenson Button

Arguably the best ever driver in mixed conditions, all his wins at Mclaren have come in those conditions. His last race win in the dry came at the 2009 Turkish GP.

Button is known for his smooth driving style and is normally seen in must races doing one less stop than his rivals for tyres.

Buttons also know to be a bit of a practical joker and will take part in anything fun.

Since his debut in 2000 Button has won the majority of hearts in this country. But what is your favourite JB win?

Mine has to be Hungaroring 2006, in argubly a midfield team and he won the race in those mixed conditions to take his first win. I can remember James Allen been in tears almost and that was the first race Anthony Davidson ever commentated on.

He did about his business. Which is why however unpalatable, in his position he's not doing anything wrong at the moment.

So basically how not to make friends and influence people. Or even inspire them or encourage them or motivate them in other words he is a dictator..

There is more than one way to run a business.

So what would you do in the event you're trying to close a deal with one driver in a complex situation and your current two are out of contract at the end of the season?

Once again, I'm not surprised.

So he tells one of them, if we sign Alonso you're gone otherwise we'll keep you.

Then at the 11th hour RD doesn't get Alonso, but the drivers already gone elsewhere because he's been told he's more or less out the door. Where does that leave McLaren?

RD is only doing what a CEO does.
And there was me thinking you had a heart!

I do, which is why despite all my ambition in my younger years, I don't want to reach the top because this is the type of thing CEOs have to do.

It's tough but JB has happily put himself first in this sport, RD should not be expected to put the feelings of his drivers over the future of the company. He is fulfilling his contractual obligations to them, that's all he has to do.

Perhaps KMag and JB will have notice clauses built into their new ones if the contract end date isn't working for them.

RD should also understand that without quality drivers his company sinks which is why he (RD) should have more concern for them.

I know I bang on about my love of drivers but without them a team is nothing. It is not as if any fool can jump in the seat and make it go really fast and keep the car on the track, is it?

If RD has any morality he should recognise the concept that he is only part of the equation and, also, that the 'pilots' also have a living to make and a reputation to uphold.

Back
Top Bottom