Jenson Button

Arguably the best ever driver in mixed conditions, all his wins at Mclaren have come in those conditions. His last race win in the dry came at the 2009 Turkish GP.

Button is known for his smooth driving style and is normally seen in must races doing one less stop than his rivals for tyres.

Buttons also know to be a bit of a practical joker and will take part in anything fun.

Since his debut in 2000 Button has won the majority of hearts in this country. But what is your favourite JB win?

Mine has to be Hungaroring 2006, in argubly a midfield team and he won the race in those mixed conditions to take his first win. I can remember James Allen been in tears almost and that was the first race Anthony Davidson ever commentated on.

I think your point it is a bit moo anyway Jos. I see what you're saying about learning to manage the tyre but you forget the tyre supplied in 05 was designed to last an entire distance and probably reacted completely different to the current tyres. I see what you're getting at but I don't think one season makes a difference skill level wise.

It would be the same as trying to present an argument that Lewis isn't great at preserving his tyres because when he first raced they had unlimited amount of new sets to use so he's never had too.

Or that Schumacher can't do quick pitstops because throughout most of his career he's not had to because of re-fueling and now he can't adapt to getting them done quick.

it sort of make sense but is a possible contributing factor not an actual reason.

I think Jenson has gained a reputation for being an ace on tyres because he's experimented with different strttegies and staying out longer when he hasnt had the pace of some of the other drivers. And sometimes this has paid off. Other drivers havent done this because they are better at fast sprints, they've gone with the stategy better suited to their skills. But it doesnt mean they cant save tyres and it doesnt mean they're less good at tyre`management than someone, like Jenson, who has relied on this strategy more frequently.

I'm sorry to have to be the bearer of bad news, especially to all of the Jenson fans, but I have to mention this.

Jensons season has been compromised before it has even got underway, I think that there are things at play which are working away under the surface, unseen by most.

That's right.

My lucky Jenson socks have a hole in them.
Well bloody well get them fixed and be quick about it, can't you see what it is doing to him this season!!!!!

ExtremeNinja, very poor.

I have decided that until a suitable replacement can be found, I will be wearing holey socks this weekend. Let's see where we go with that.

My brother once complained that his socks had holes in. I palmed myself in the face before reminding him that they have to have holes so you can get your feet into them.

Don't ask why I'm watching FP1 at 4.30am......

I'm a huge Jenson fan but by jingo is he turning into a moaning minnie or what?

Nigel Button, Jenson Mansell?

Probably for the same reason I did and now I've woken up again I'm watching FP2.:rolleyes: ... and personally, I have always thought our Jens' was a moaner. Traditional Brit', methinks :thinking:

It does always strike me as amazing that Button gets labelled a moaner. The amount of times we've heard other drivers (Hamilton, Alonso, Vettel et al) stating the fact that they had understeer, or problems getting dialled into the track etc etc is just the same as Button, yet JB always gets singled out.

Back
Top Bottom