Jenson Button

Arguably the best ever driver in mixed conditions, all his wins at Mclaren have come in those conditions. His last race win in the dry came at the 2009 Turkish GP.

Button is known for his smooth driving style and is normally seen in must races doing one less stop than his rivals for tyres.

Buttons also know to be a bit of a practical joker and will take part in anything fun.

Since his debut in 2000 Button has won the majority of hearts in this country. But what is your favourite JB win?

Mine has to be Hungaroring 2006, in argubly a midfield team and he won the race in those mixed conditions to take his first win. I can remember James Allen been in tears almost and that was the first race Anthony Davidson ever commentated on.

I did not realise this until today someone pointed Lewis has had 4 podiums this season compared to Jenson's 6

As the BBC guys said the last race Jenson is comfortable with himself because he has nothing to prove and every win he gets is a bonus and beating Hamilton would really be the icing on the cake

Yeah well and trully well done to him and his advisors, it's a cracking amount of money. I can only dare dream about earning! Don't get me wrong i like Jenson two but think Mclaren have finally lost their marbles.

Well Lewis would have been offered more for life and Ferrari offered Schumacher £200m for his contract from 2002 to 2006 where as they then offered Kimi £120m for 3 years despite having no world title before 2007 !

Well, I must say that with Jenson at McLaren, it's going to make it tougher for Lewis to be WDC if McLarens and Ferraris and Red Bulls (or Mercedes one year) are as equally as strong as each other.

Why do I say this?

Well, eventhough Jenson's not as "fast" as Lewis over a flying lap, he's fast and "good enough" to take points and wins from Lewis from time to time.

We saw that in 2010 and we have seen this in 2011.

So, barring McLaren making a car that's clearly the fastest car in the field (like 1988/89 for instance), then I can see either Vettel or Alonso winning titles whilst Jenson takes valuable points off Lewis occassionally.

Neither Webber nor Massa seem like taking vital points off their teammates...and that's a big advantage in a tight WDC fight.

For fans who think it's Jenson who is the better McLaren driver, well then the same would apply there as well: Lewis will take crucial points off Jenson.

It's not a good way to go if McLaren want to win the Drivers Championship.

What do people think of my theory?

I think your theory deserves this week's "No Shit Sherlock" award Ray. Many congrats as the first recipient, I shall be handing this out on a regular basis from now on.

sherlock.gif

I don't know about wages and who's better than who and all that but it seems pretty obvious rigth now that Jenson Button is well and truely in a purple patch of form and has been all season. He's know as 'the best of the rest' compared to the big 3 but he really has been mixing it with them all year and getting results. If he secures second in the championship it will be fully deserved. He's probably having and even better season than he did when he won the title.

So well done Jenson - A lot of people (coughJackieStewartcough) expected you to fail miserabley at Mclaren and you've took your chance and done your best with it.

All at Mclaren have bent over backwards to accommodate Jenson.........right from the start.
And if anyone has any evidence of anything else....then let's hear it.

Anyway that isn't why I'm posting..

Just heard on the radio that Jenson... has been voted the best looking man in this country...no not by H&S shampoo, some clothing retail chain had a comp.

Is it cynical me or does Jenson always seem to pull his finger out and drive well when contract talks are in the air?

I am willing to bet that if anyone did a correlation chart of his form and contract talks there would be a pattern thats repeated through his career.

Firstly: lol - I knew someone would find something bad to say about him and I'd have put money on it being you Cook

Secondly: Is putting in extra effort when your contract is up actually a crime? I'm not sure what you do Cook but I'm pretty sure if you knew your work were deciding whether to keep you on or not you'd put you're head down and get on with things

Thirdly: If you're trying to suggest Jenson is only 'in it for the money' he would have left Honda and sat at Williams with his big new fat contract until they went bust

Fourthly: Say something nice about him - go on. You know secretly deep down you love him.

I certainly don't like him the most

However when he first came on the scene I had high hopes as he is from East of where I grew up

But that evaporated with his greedy contract talks and playboy carry on in his second season

I've been wanting to say this in this thread because it's Jenson's thread but haven't becuse of a personal attack on me but here goes:

Button's shit start and shit re-start cost McLaren a victory at Monza yesterday.

Button was way down in 7th on Lap 5...not the way to go about winning a dry race.

If I were Ron Dennis i'd be livid with Button having my car way down in 7th on Lap 5 after starting 3rd on the grid...and I wouldn't care that he finished "on the Podium".

There was a win in that car yesterday. Period.

Back
Top Bottom