Head To Head Jenson Button vs Sergio Pérez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably correct. Sergio really shouldn't have got in the box in the first place though. He's not a kitten.

*edit* which box was it anyway? was it one of those full of new parts we saw piled up outside the garages in china?*

No need for a tin hat regarding any comment I might make...

Jenson hasn't said anything different to what any other driver would have said, and has said in the same situation..

If Perez want's to risk taking himself and others out of a race then fine, I have no problem with that even if it is Jenson, I suspect the team will have though, after a while..

Running somebody off track into acres of run off is a bit different to driving into the back of someone, if there'd been a wall there I'd agree with you.

It was hardly a Gutierrez moment! most driving into the backs are due to clumsiness, driving someone off a track is aggressive and could also have damaged Perez's race.

I'm not exonerating Perez, but Button is not squeaky clean in this and that needs to be remembered.

Jenson was going particularly slowly on that apex. If I were Sergio I'd want a little peek at Jensons telemetry! Anyway, Sergio has refused to apologise to Jenson, and I'm glad about that, he has nothing to apologise for. To the team yes, to Jenson no, Jenson must take at least 50% responsibility.
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=sgEly_m_swg&desktop_uri=/watch?v=sgEly_m_swg

Sergio needs to stay strong and not be intimidated.

Jenson was going particularly slowly on that apex. If I were Sergio I'd want a little peek at Jensons telemetry! Anyway, Sergio has refused to apologise to Jenson, and I'm glad about that, he has nothing to apologise for. To the team yes, to Jenson no, Jenson must take at least 50% responsibility.
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=sgEly_m_swg&desktop_uri=/watch?v=sgEly_m_swg

Sergio needs to stay strong and not be intimidated.

You keep spouting that rubbish in the hope that it will stick. Some proof please?

And before anyone asks, I am still trying to find time to do a comparison to show how much other cars slowed the Mclaren of JB down and allowed SP to catch up to him.. Life keeps getting in the bloody way though. :(

But we're missing the point why was a grown F1 driver like Sergio Perez in a box? if he doesn't get in the box then Jenson can't shut the lid!

Is the same box Hamilton was in when he was in a dark place?

I didn't think I'd "spouted that rubbish" before. But I apologise for the repetition if I have.
Lap 30 of this transcript which went out on BBC it's mentioned.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/22204084

maybe that's where I heard it,I've seen It wrritten elsewhere as well but can't remember where. I think if he did go slower through that corner it puts a slightly different complexion on it. Perez only tapped him. He'd followed him through several times and was faster, If Jenson went slower then it would catch Perez out. I think it's worth considering before branding Checo as dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom