Is the Radio Complaint Becoming F1's Version of Diving?

Ummm..., good!

They could tell the driver the percentage of fuel used intermittently and, now I know this seems radical, the driver could work out whether they've enough to get them to the end and if they need to be more economical?
Actually I was mild. "lift and coast" IS a driving instruction, because it tells the driver what to do, just as much as "brake later for turn 5".
And I didn't even mentioned instructions like "you can use overtake", "go to strat 6". Which are clearly instructions which affect the performance of the care, and hence the driving.

It's just another ill-though reaction of the FIA.

I'm just glad that the FIA is starting to address a problem that many fans world wide, find to be a completel turn off. A driver who recently asked an engineer, " give me driving instructions " is just too much for a fan to listen to a request like that.

Josh

If it's that there is something dangerously wrong with a suspension component, then it would be fairly straightforward to write a computer programme to analyse the sensors, and if there's something broken, a red light to come on in the cockpit, telling the driver to pit..

A sensible idea in which the FIA may find too hard and consider.

I know. There was an interesting article over the World Cup about how upsetting diving was for the USA team and fans. That's where I first heard the term flopping.

Yeah, the majority of people in the US (myself included) only watch Soccer every two years, and it's always appalling how much acting goes on during a Match. It also detracts from the times when guys actually do get kicked in the shin.

Come to think of it, the NHL penalizes for embellishment as well.

The NFL doesn't. Doesn't seem likely but the Broncos punter actually flopped/dove/whatever you want to call it this weekend to try to draw a "Running into the Punter" penalty. It seems like a stupid penalty but another punter got Sparta-kicked in the face on Sunday so the rule has its reasons.

A ban on "certain types of communication" could never work. They will still give the information but it will be in hidden code.

Much like when team orders were banned, coded messages were given.

You cant put the genie back in the bottle so to speak....

Soccerman - It's always funny when kickers try and sell a call. They're the only ones who ever do it so it's not a big deal. The dude that got cleated in the face was trying to make a tackle so it was a different scenario, and the culprit did receive an 'Unnecessary Roughness' penalty.

So happy that football is back!

Technically, saying something like "Lewis is letting the car run wide out of the corner and straightening the wheel on exit" isn't aiding the way they drive, there could always be loopholes in just the wording

But oh how I would miss Ted Kravitz trying to translate a couple Italian phrases now and again.

Seriously I was thinking the same thing Jen. They can eliminate them from the Race Broadcast completely and I doubt they would be missed. The announcers could hear them, and they could dedicate a TV channel for that purpose as well, but I'm sure we could be brought up to speed on any major behind the scenes info through pit-lane reporters.

The USA soccer team coach is, I believe, Jurgen Klinsman KekeTheKing who was known as the greatest diver of them all. It seems strange that he has not been able to pass this on to his players.

I am puzzled because the only flops that I know are either failures or short for floating point operations in computers. Or alternatively as one of the level coming out of a flipflop.

So happy that football is back!

So am I, but I can also say that I feel the same about the Barclays Premier League return, which is played across the big pond.
I became a big fan last year, and the World Cup only made my interest in the sport of soccer more intense. I'm probably going to piss off some on this site, but sooooo :censored: it......my boys in red... Liverpool all the way.....:1st:

Your team stole my team!!!!

Anyway, you're only allowed to support Liverpool if you can understand scouse without subtitles. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom